Incredible Film!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Incredible Film!!

Post  Godfather on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 am

Hey everyone! I stumbled across this video the other day on the web and all I have to say is wow! I have no affiliation with these guys other than they are from my home state of PA. Here is a film that they produced right here on public land in PA and it is incredible! Please sit back and enjoy probably the best hunting video I have ever watched. 

Pursuing the Allegheny  
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Incredible Film!!

Post  chukbuk on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:21 am

That was pretty cool GF!  Very much like the mountain hunting I am accustomed to in north central PA!  I have been on Kinzua and the Allegheny NF in my younger years....that is some gorgeous, rugged country!
      I'm surprised they showed  the boat footage beached along the lake!   Seems someone could now look for it during the rut and take advantage of their hard work...maybe they figure few would be willing to go to all the trouble?

Thanks for the link!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:31 am

THANK YOU GF for this!  That was a great video like you said.  It takes me back to my years hunting in that area myself...That only ignites the desire to head down the 219 again!  I have a feeling that beautiful ridge top opening is going to find my boot tracks once again!  Thank you Thank you Thank you Cheers!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Great video!! Thanks for sharing. I can relate to a lot of it. To me there's nothing like big woods hunting for deer. I don't have much experience in high deer density states and seeing what it's like being in a tree in the Midwest during the rut, but after spending one fall in Montana and hunting a high deer density area like that it made me love what we have even more. Call me absolutely crazy, but there's just something about the big woods and low deer numbers that is just plain awesome. I feel like each and every year I learn so much more about deer in general. It's amazing how much they differ from the more suburban deer in their habits. One thing I'm really trying to pinpoint is when I need to be in the big woods. Early on I always thought rut was the time to be there, but with such low deer densities the rut isn't the greatest. If you can find a group of does you might be in business, but that can be a chore sometimes. I really fell in love with the late season last year when the deer start to move towards the yards (major rivers and water systems, bogs,etc). Every year I go I learn countless new places and walk countless miles in some of the prettiest woods there is. To me the adventure of hunting the big woods is about as good as it gets.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Great video John. This is about as close to my stile of hunting as I've ever seen on video. With the exception of the boat. I love hunting the Midwest but there is something about hunting here that those who haven't just can't relate to.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:17 am

ME Hunter....you nailed it, the rut can be a really difficult time to hunt the big woods!  For many years I would devote much of my hunting to the rut only to be disappointed.  The 2 factors of low deer densities and so much territory to cover make it tough.  Bucks can simply disappear going miles out of their home range and my mistake is staying put!  Love the big woods but it makes me stupid sometimes!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:55 pm

That's was amazing!!!
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down