Tax question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tax question

Post  Aero on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 am

Any do it yourself tax people out there?  I do, and have been using TurboTax for years.  TurboTax changed some things up this year, and really made a mess for themselves. At one point MN wouldn't even take TT files for a while.  I'm thinking of switching to a different product.  Anyone have 1st hand experience with any that work well.  I don't have anything fancy - I don't own my own business, play a little in the market, and itemize deductions - so nothing out of the norm. I'm hoping there is something out there that I can transition to fairly painlessly.

Thanks

Aero
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Re: Tax question

Post  bowGal on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Sorry  Aero it has been years since we have used turbo tax, we let the accountant figure Wink  our's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 am

Ditto Barb Aero!  We went back to an accountant this year after using Turbo tax for a few years.  I liked TT but the anguish of not being totally confident of a few situations encountered with it and the fact that it didn't cost that much more to use an accountant, made us switch back.  (I always paid extra for the audit-defense option offered at the end after electronically filing...that's what brought my total cost up close to accountant fee)

Good luck!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 pm

No clue !! No way would I want to do my own taxes , that's what I pay my guy 850 for , plus if good old uncle sam comes knocking on my door I can tell them to talk to my accountant Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!! It would be soooooo much nicer to be able to skip a year or two !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum