Post  soil on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 pm

How bout those badgers, zach?!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Final four

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:36 pm

The final four , Selinsgrove , Hagerstown , Port Royal and Winchester Speedways !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Does this mean that basketball is almost over ?? I have been having people asking me for a few weeks about it , and I tell them I have no clue about it. Not sure if it was last year , but a local college , Bucknell made it and the locals were going NUTS !!! I think there are more bar fights for this tourney than what there is in florida during spring break Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Congrats Wisconsin! I hate to sound bitter but gosh it sucks to lose the way they did. Before fouling to extend the game UK was down 4 with the ball. If the clear shot clock violation had been called and when Koenig stole the ball before establishing position inbounds and scored should've been waived off. Plus two separate possessions both Harrison twins were fouled in the act of shooting but was called on the floor so no points and no free throws. Oh well bad calls went both ways its part of the game. Just make sure to beat duke I would hate to see them win their 5th title. Take it straight at okafor even with a 7 foot 5 wingspan he is not a shot blocker and hopefully Kaminsky drops 50 on him
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:08 am

I never did like basketball. I'm glad it's over. Very Happy

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:20 am

Just can't watch it...the last 2 minutes of fouls and timeouts are agonizing!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 am

So glad the Badgers won, but boy did my Spartans get there ass's kicked.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Not only did the Badgers win, but my team won the alumni basketball tournament we were in- it was a great day and night with friends. cheers cheers cheers

My hatred for Kentucky basketball is only surpassed by my hatred for all Minnesota sports teams. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

As for the game itself, I was getting a little nervous with a couple minutes to go and Kentucky ahead.  There were some terrible calls and non calls both ways.  For example the charging call on Gasser that took away a Koenig 3.  How about the Kentucky guy with the slap to Gasser's face in the middle of the lane- how is that not a flagarant foul?  When it came down to it, Wisconsin just made more plays and pulled out the win.

Then you've got the post game activities.  Kentucky players walking off the court and refusing to shake hands.  Then you've got that idiot Harrison running his mouth at the press conference.  Zero sportmanship / class what so ever.  If it was one of Wisconsin's player making that statement, they'd be getting crucified, riots would ensue and I'm sure Jackson and Sharpton would be all over it too.
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 pm

The Reffing was definitely pitiful. Aaron deffinitly slid under Koenig when they waived the three then I think the very next possession plowed over kaminsky getting and 1 when he clearly charged. Andrews comments after the game were clearly uncalled for too. If frank whispered that about Andrew he probably would've broke the internet.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:24 am

I have Wisconsin beating Gonzaga in the final for my bracket...as crazy as those upsets were in the early rounds it still came out in the end pretty close as expected at least to the final four.  From there its anyones game.
I'm not sure people see Wisconsin as the real deal they are.  I think they'll surprise the Duke machine.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 am

wihunter24 wrote:As for the game itself, I was getting a little nervous with a couple minutes to go and Kentucky ahead.  There were some terrible calls and non calls both ways.  For example the charging call on Gasser that took away a Koenig 3.  How about the Kentucky guy with the slap to Gasser's face in the middle of the lane- how is that not a flagarant foul?  When it came down to it, Wisconsin just made more plays and pulled out the win.
I was going to say this exact same paragraph. The bad calls went both ways. The shot clock violation was pretty evident, but the slap to the face should have been 2 shots and the ball. Plenty of other bad calls that went each way as well. The better team sure did execute in the end.

I really think Cal lost this one for KY. I have absolutely no clue why they pretty much went 1-4 with Harrison up top and stalled the last 6 minutes of the game. They have the best 5 athletes on the court, were on a very good run and pretty much in control of the game. The final 6:30 they only scored 4 points, mainly because they slowed the tempo way way down. I bet Towns only touched the ball in the post maybe a couple times in that last 6 or so minutes as well. I'm beyond happy WI won though, never liked Calipari one bit. I'm a die hard Carolina fan though so WI better come up big tonight and not let the Dukies win another. If they execute like they did Saturday I think they will take this one as well. Should be exciting.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:43 am

Dave , do they actually allow basketball on a tv up in Maine ??? I figured it was only Northwoods  Law or Lobstermen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Dave , do they actually allow basketball on a tv up in Maine ??? I figured it was only Northwoods  Law or Lobstermen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!
Ha believe it or not they do. If there was one thing I did growing up just as much as fish and hunt it was play basketball. I don't play as much any more, but watch it more than anything else on TV.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 am

Calipari partly choked it away and partly this Wisconsin team was built perfectly to beat us. I honestly felt a lot better about playing Duke and their 8 McDonald's all Americans or Arizona than Wisconsin with none. The biggest reason our defense was good was because Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl Towns were good shot blockers. Everyone Wisconsin can plug in at the 4 or 5 can shoot threes to drag them out away from the basket. And offensively we didn't exactly do anything great. We mostly got by from out rebounding and blocking shots for extra possessions. Wisconsin was a better rebounding team and drug our shot blockers out so it wasn't a surprise to me at all Wisconsin won. Especially since it took a 28 footer with seconds left to win last year and Nigel Hayes is clearly better this year along with Frank Kaminsky and Sam Dekker. Calipari tried to stall entirely too early with only a 4 point lead against the best offensive team in the country and resulted in I think three straight shot clock violations. Won't be the last big game he chokes on I'm sure but I'm sure Bo Ryan wanted to make sure Towns wasn't going to get many touches with the game that close. He is our best player by a long shot and pretty much the only efficient offensive player besides Trey.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Like you said and I agree they were by far Kentucky's toughest matchup.  They're bigs are able to play outside and that really spread the court well for them and enabled them to score a lot more effectively than other teams had. Amazing how some teams just match up real well with some, but not great with others.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:I never did like basketball. I'm glad it's over. Very Happy
 Amen Vic and have to pick on- Zack __ you watch Basket ball, but yet  run us Nascar fan's down,, LOL    Larry  and I both find watching  grass/food plots,  growing and  car crashing  so  much  more exciting then   watching  men  in shorts   bouncing a ball around, Ok   but yes we do like watching the  Globe trotters But  thank  God   Finally our  favorite  TV show's are back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

bowGal wrote:
Mountainman Vic wrote:I never did like basketball. I'm glad it's over. Very Happy
 Amen Vic and have to pick on- Zack __ you watch Basket ball, but yet  run us Nascar fan's down,, LOL    Larry  and I both find watching  grass/food plots,  growing and  car crashing  so  much  more exciting then   watching  men  in shorts   bouncing a ball around, Ok   but yes we do like watching the  Globe trotters But  thank  God   Finally our  favorite  TV show's are back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nascar takes zero athletic ability what so ever.  You sit in the freaking car, put your right foot to the floor and lock your arms in a permanent left turn position, while drinking out of your helmet mounted sippy cup.  You've got other people doing all the work for you changing tires etc.... and telling you where / when to pass and who's around you.  It might be more exciting and action packed if you had one of those figure 8 tracks.  I would rather flag traffic on a construction site for 3 weeks straight in 100 degree weather than watch Nascar.  Nascar has 2 things going for it- less "thugs" when compared to other major sports, and it's better than soccer, but not by much.

I bet the reason Barbie likes Nascar is because like most women, she can't drive, so she's probably trying to pick up some pointers on how to navigate in a circle. lol!
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm not usually one to choose sides but that's about as dead on as it gets to my thoughts on nascar as well!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:34 pm

OK you two knuckleheads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  quit picking on Barb !!! And now let me educate you a bit. You don't think racing is hard , here's a little test for you to try out when it gets to 90 degrees. Go put on your thermal underwear , then your best cold hunting gear you have , including a beanie style hat ( no regular hat allowed Very Happy ) go get in your car/truck turn the heat all the way up with the blower on high. Now take your little gas stove for camping , turn that up on high also while its inside your car/truck. Now drive down a major highway for 4 hours and see how ya feel then !!!!! I will bet you won't make it 2 hours before the heat is off , the camp stove is off and your out of the car trying to get your clothes off Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!
Yes I will say the guys racing in Nascar do not do much work on the cars , but it is not easy to drive a racecar , if it was everyone would do it. Even with the cool suit set up it is still very hot in a car , yes I would much rather go to a dirt track than a pavement race and I am like Barb , I would rather watch grass grow over basketball. So there tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:43 am

wihunter24 wrote:My hatred for Kentucky basketball is only surpassed by my hatred for all Minnesota sports teams. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Best part of the win last night was watching Tyus (MN Kid) Jones light up the badgers... LOL!!!! 

PS.  Rick... it might be hard to drive a car in the extreme heat, but to the point - it doesn't take any athletic ability to drive while hot Very Happy Very Happy

Aero
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:48 am

That was a great and EXCITING game!  The end of March Madness can only mean one thing.  NFL DRAFT affraid
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum