I need a new camera...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need a new camera...

Post  shedder on Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 am

Does anyone have experience using a digital SLR camera to video?  More specifically, for hunting.  What are your thoughts about using it?  Is there something out there on the lower end that you would recommend as far as better video capabilities?  My purposes for the camera in video mode would be for self filmed hunts, so auto features in video would be important.  This passion of mine has always been highlighted more on the video side and subsequently reproducing memories in fluid motion over the years.  The past few trips I am finding myself wanting to take more photos.  In the end wishing I had a camera that fully grabbed the moment! 

I know the SLRs are capable of HD video and audio.  I would imagine there must be some disadvantages or they must capture the scene different??? As it seems if not it would make the video cam somewhat obsolete...
Thanks for your help...I am hoping to take advantage of Campbell Cams restructring on an SLR soon.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: I need a new camera...

Post  soil on Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm looking forward to the responses here. I'd also like a nice slr for pics and a little video.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Fri May 08, 2015 5:50 pm

I have been using my Canon SX 510 HS this Turkey season. It takes fantastic video in HD.  I have a Canon Rebel T3 that takes really great video as well, it has a much larger lense and has more capibilities to make adjustments if you need to but the camera itself is much bigger. I do like to carry it during deer season because I can take great pictures at longer distances, you guys back east that cant see more than 100 yards might not need all that.  I  bought the little SX510 last fall in Colorado when I went off and left my Rebel at home when I went out for my elk trip. It did fine on that trip as well. I think I paid less than 200 for it at Walmart.  I really like it. Pocket sized, ( big side pocket ) and the auto settings work great. The lense will zoom to 30x optical, and much higher digital.  its hard to see with the turkey videos I have posted this year because they loose so much when you upload them to You tube,  but the video is great
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Fri May 08, 2015 7:22 pm

I have the Canon rebel T5 with a 70 by 300 mm lens that I use a lot for my daughter's sports. The video is very good, But like Willy said once it hits youtube the quality drops it a bunch.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks Willy and Harry!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down