Velvet Growth Thread?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Velvet Growth Thread?

Post  catfish willy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:23 am

This first buck is starting to become somewhat regular but only at 3-4 in the morning.

No idea who this deer was.

I'm guessing this is the deer than usually ran with the first buck. I've only had very vague pictures it was hard to tell much because he never came right up to the mineral hole. He is such a sissy I only got one good pic before a 2 year old pushed him off.

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:49 pm

This may be the buck i hold out for this year. Unless another one comes along before season... Only a couple pictures of him and have never seen him before. But hes a real nice 8 for around here! 

kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 am

Low brows is still hanging around. He would be a nice one next year

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Rains are killing me for   buck pics,
  But think  this is the back side of the 10pt  I shared all the short video clips of a while back,
(brows are to short  and not wide enough to be brutus Wink)

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Jacob,
your into the bucks so far!!

Here are a few bucks off my Kentucky farm Thank you Bryan!
Not sure what what to think about this one yet...I like the junk around the bases and I can't tell if thats an 
extra point coming up behind the right brow or not???

crab claw I guess?

Im thinking the date is off:scratch: pale double throat patch!!

This guy is a slob and my #1 target so far!!

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:22 pm

This is a NY buck I think the date was July 1
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I was kinda disappointed after a two and half week soak and only had 190 pics with only one night of my bigger three year olds.

Low brows. Never had a daylight picture of him at all last year as a two year old and none this year either.

This buck I never named but he was literally on every single check last year

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Great pictures guys. Its been a rough summer for me and the cameras. Work has kept me on the road alot, when I am able to get up we have been having so much rain, I know its strange, but its true. I was up this past weekend and couldnt even get down to where the cameras are on the main place. On some of the leased ground the county has the roads all closed because of wash outs. I have never seen it this lush and green in early august. The deer dont have to move like they normally do. They can eat sleep and drink and the same 5 feet this summer. The cameras I have had at our feeders are showing nothing. The deer just dont want the feed , I shut them down this past weekend, feeding coons is about all they are doing. I did see a few good ones on the alflafa and in the milo, I am sure as November rolls around I will find one to go after. keep the pictures coming guys
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 am

Rainy summer here in NJ and everything is very green and lush!  I have the regular group of young bucks every day in the backyard at the feeder.  Have been running cams all summer with only a few of the bigger bucks showing last month.  Sunday evening I caught a glimpse of a really wide buck up in the hollow.  Thought he passed a cam at the mineral lick but the cam revealed nothing.  Got another one to check on the ridge today!  I look at my bows hanging on the wall every day and get depressed!  My shoulder hurts so bad, I'm afraid to try pulling one back.  Might be just a muzzleloader year for me.  I'm not going crossbow til I get really old!  Love the pics guys, thank you.  I hope to have some to contribute tonight!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 am

I guess i will post a few from this past week... I had pretty much every deer that i know of on camera. Dont really know why they were moving so good but i aint complaining lol. finally got some good pictures of that bigger 8 point. Definitely a deer i will shoot. There are two 8 points this year that are the targets unless somthing else shows up out of the blue that i cant pass. 

The had a picture of the other big 8 but he only came up to the camera for one picture and of course this little bitty 8 point blocked the view Mad

Here is the only picture i got of him that you can kinda see him. Its blurry but you can compare his one side to his head and see he is nice lol

The Sticker buck or as Willy (CW) named him "State From Jake Farm" is about done. He didnt finish as good as i thought he would so he will get a pass this year. 

Baby Toes. Or as willy named him "Baby Leg" lol!. Didnt get but a couple of blurry pics of him. But he aint done yet. I think his messed up side is still trying to to do somthing. 

Im naming this buck "Photoshop". Cause every time i get pictures of him they are really good pictures lol.

And then OverBite and that other buck i made a thread about a couple days ago. Had pictures of him early this year and this is the only other pics iv had of him...
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:51 am

Man Jacob its looking like you could have a monstrous year!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

I think our crazy winter really put a hurting on our antler growth...but we get what we get...

I thought I had a one horn growing but it looks like it actually broke its beam off just past the brow tine...
His body looks like Rock Star...

This one has potential this year...

This one could use another year or two but I don't know if he will make it!  He is in this area every single day and Big L likes him! Cool
"Is he big enough Dad because he looks really nice?!...Buddy, If you like him he sure is big enough!" 
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Willy wrote:Great pictures guys. Its been a rough summer for me and the cameras. Work has kept me on the road alot, when I am able to get up we have been having so much rain, I know its strange, but its true. I was up this past weekend and couldnt even get down to where the cameras are on the main place. On some of the leased ground the county has the roads all closed because of wash outs. I have never seen it this lush and green in early august. The deer dont have to move like they normally do. They can eat sleep and drink and the same 5 feet this summer. The cameras I have had at our feeders are showing nothing. The deer just dont want the feed , I shut them down this past weekend, feeding coons is about all they are doing. I did see a few good ones on the alflafa and in the milo, I am sure as November rolls around I will find one to go after. keep the pictures coming guys
 Well  I am  glad to hear your luck at   capturing  bucks  this  year is  just as  bad as  our"s, This  has been the worst year  every,   for  finding the   good bucks, did   get  picture   last week of a  decent one,   Man it is just  to gosh darn bushy  around here,  to get two far into the timber with camera's,  and   all the darn  rain's have kept  me from even getting  to  many of my favorite creek set ups,
 Had  a friend up on the   Adams and  Hancock Co line  that found  a dead  buck in his  foodplot, he said he smelt  another one  dead  but   could not  find it,, I can not even   imagine  we would have to   worry about  EHD this year, but   thats  what  he thinks might be happening up his way, Crying or Very sad
 Great   pic's   from  all you Kentucky  guy's,  keep em coming

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:38 pm

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:46 pm

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:17 pm

I've been going back and forth whether I have two bucks and one is a little bit bigger or am I looking at a two week growth spurt??

It would be so much easier if I had my Red 40 here rather than my M8 but I don't...Do you think this is 13 days of growth of two differs bucks?  The space between the tines on the 7/26 buck is mostly what is giving me any question.

That 8/6 buck is a stud for around here! IO hope he keeps growing Arrow

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:07 pm

The only 2 decent ones I got so far and some little guys 

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Not sure what's going on with her head its in every pic of her. That tumor looking thing on her head 

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:08 am

Sweet buck there Boss!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:32 pm

shedder wrote:Sweet buck there Boss!!
Yeah I'm hoping to  hit the shed hunting lottery and find that left side unbroken. More than likely  he will bust those extra beams off though.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:37 am

Here is a big guy that I found a couple weeks ago! I have seen him twice and had the camera with me the 2nd time. Unfortunately due to the fading light and my poor camera skills I couldn't get very good pics of him. Here are the best two I got.

This one is really blurry but it kind of shows how wide he is. Notice how clear those blades of grass are on in front of the deer(aka my poor camera skills!)lol!!
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:10 am

He is  a beauty,  John, Camera

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 am

Low brows finally came back. First buck over a year and a half old I have had on camera in a month and a half. Hopefully when their patterns change atleast one of them or one of the other bucks I know survived starts showing up more.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:38 am

Still in velvet around here! This is the first I have seen of this buck. I like his little hook tine! 
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum