Been a very bad past 3 week's,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been a very bad past 3 week's,

Post  bowGal on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:14 pm

I do not  know if any of you have ever dealt with Sciatic nerve pain, but it is the most horffic pain  I have  ever  had in my  life, I Was  diagnosed with it 3 week's ago ,by  a new Dr. that  I  went to,  All he did  was put me on Predizone, took that  for  a week , and it gave me no Relieve at all, Larry took me back to the  Dr.  last tuesday and then the  Dr, put me on gabapentin, It has not  helped at all either. I started  Physical Therapy yesterday  , And my  Theapist was very upset that  I was still  in the  amount  of  pain  I was in , He went straight over  and got  my doctor, and told  him   there is something more going on here then just Sciatic nerve pain,
  he said  she need's a MRI , xray's ,c ortizone  shot to my spine, and  pain  med's.
 I got the Xrays done  yesterday after  therapy, Dr  did  order  hydrocodone for  pain until they can  get me in to  a  doctor over in  Missiouri  next  week  to  give me the   shot in my  spine,, that and  they mentioned  Pain  management therapy also, 
  All I can tell you  guy's, Is  I hope none of you ever have to go through this kind of  pain, Because it flat our  suck's
  and hurt's like  hell!!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Been a very bad past 3 week's,

Post  Willy on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Been living with it since my early 30s. Broke my back playing football in school, not a complete break just fractured a couple vertibrae. Never had any issues until the year before I left the military. I couldnt sit for more than a few minutes and the pain in my right leg would be almost unbearable.  It runs in spells now. I cant drive in a vehicle with my wallet in my back pocket. I did the shots as long as I could. They told me no more, I guess your body dosent absorb the cortizone, it just kinda floats around in there. They cut me off on that. That stuff was the ticket. I could be in real bad shape, go in get a shot and in 24 hours good as new for 6 months or so.
Good luck with it Barb
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm

I have issues with my sciatic nerve and have had a ride in the ambulance because of it pinching an dropping me to the ground but the pain isn't normally unbearable. It's just annoying. I hope they get it straightened out for you. I know the two times that it dropped me to the ground it was the worst pain I ever had.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:I have issues with my sciatic nerve and have had a ride in the ambulance because of it pinching an dropping me to the ground but the pain isn't normally unbearable. It's just annoying. I hope they get it straightened out for you. I know the two times that it dropped me to the ground it was the worst pain I ever had.

usually about once a year with me. And it is usually when I am doing something you would never think of causing back issues, like the last time, standing at the sink brushing my teeth I bend over to rinse my mouth out and bamm I am on the floor. Crazy stuff
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckRubIL on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 am

Sorry to hear that Barb, hopefully they get you fixed up and feeling better.  My dad has problems with his and it keeps him on the couch sometimes when it flares up bad.
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

I have had problems with mine for the past 7 years and it is a pain that will drop you to your knees. I have learned what makes mine flare ups happen and try not to over do it. When mine gets real bad it usually has something to do with the lower back issue I have and a jump into a bathtub full of ice water for 15 minutes helps A TON
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:17 pm

The Dr's office  has  called me back twice in the past hour, They said my   x-rays from yesterday  showed  I  have degenerating  Disk  disease in my lower lumbar, They just heard back from the   Dr in Missouri they want me to go to  and he want's  to  see me  Monday- his office will be calling me in the  morning to get that  appointment  scheduled, I have not  been able  to work the the past  3 day It kills  me to even   drive my  car to  the darn  mail box, They  put  Larry  back on  12 shift's ;  yesterday and of  cousre he is  the only in  the dam plant  they can  cout one, I made it to   a few cam's today, and  finally  captured my  first poult's  clips, but that hen only had  2 pout's, Not liking seeing that  at  all!! 3 hens here  daily and still no  poults with them. Did  get  2 buck's  on camera that  are finally     showing some  good  main beam lenght, But still no confirmation    one of these two  are Brutus, Doe;s  are ruling  the farm right now  and I am  a month behind on getting my  favorite  creek cams in due to rain and  still waiting on our lease owner to   get his  field's  cut

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm not sure if I feel worse for your pain in your back or the pain of dealing with the health care system. I feel for you.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  impactarcher on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:35 am

Hey Barb ditch the MD's and find a good chiropractor !  You need to fix the problem not just treat a symptom.   That's all I'm going to say other then Get well!

impactarcher
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mex. Bowhunter on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:53 pm

I know it has to be Bad to Slow you Down. Hope you get some better results on your next appointment. Best Wishes Barb
Mex. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Barb , I also say you need a good chiropractor !!!! Better yet , I have one that I would put my life in his hands over 99.9% of all med doctors , come see him !! Oh , he is a hunter also Very Happy Very Happy !!
I know most people don't think of them other than to fix a stiff neck , but some are way beyond that !! Just for an example , I had strep throat at least once a year ( sometimes twice ) , usually during spring or fall , for at least 16 years in a row. The last time I had it I would say was either #1 or 2 on the worse case list. I knew what it was , and could not see my family doctor for another day . Tina talked me into going to see Doc , at that point I said just shoot me. Well I went in and told him what I had. He checked me out his way , which involves holding your arm out straight ( 90 degrees to your shoulder ) as he started touching different spots on my head and neck. Well when he hit the "bad" spot , my arm dropped. He put me on the bed and cracked me a few times , stood me up and tested with my arm again. I tried like crazy to hold it up but it dropped once again. After being cracked one more time he checked me again. This time my arm was strong and stayed put. Well he told me I wouldn't get it again , ever. That was in 91 or 92 and I have not got it since !!! Sure beats going to a medical doctor , spending the money for him and then as usual , getting a prescription for nothing more than an antibiotic.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Mex. Bowhunter wrote:I know it has to be Bad to Slow you Down. Hope you get some better results on your next appointment. Best Wishes Barb
  Thank you  Bo, I do not handle slow  outdoor  time very well at all. OUTDOOR   time  and  wildlife  are my life Smile  On  a good note,  finally I hope and  pray the cortizone  shot  in  my  spine  Monday morning will  Help, I have had  3  shot's in this same leg over the past 15 years  with awesome  relieve, Praying the  upcoming shot  into  my  spine next week   will bless me with the  same  pain free results, - I have been told it might  take 2 shot's  But  I am very impressed with this new Dr's reviews and my PT Dr. told me today  he is one of the  best in our area,
  Great to hear from you Bo, your so  missed,  How is  all that rain down  there doing  for your  deer herd's  velvet growth.
 Can not wait to see what you guy's caputure on  cam's in  the upcoming months, 
 It is pouring  down rain  again right  for us,  yesa I love these late  spring  rain but   we need   a    little  break here soon, and that is not in the  fiorecast for the next  5-10 days, Trust me  tho,  Wink no  matter  how   bad I feel  I am still getting  some outdoor  time in daily cheers

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am

Hope you are getting relief Barb!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Crying or Very sad  No  relief  yet Matt, I do not think the  cortizone  shot worked, I did  have   a better  day yesterday for   a  few hour's, I have not even worked  since the  8th's,  so I   thought I would  try to work this morning, and lets just say  I shouldn't have , it killed me, The  new  Dr , did say if the  shot's do not  work ,he is sending me  a surgeon, And no  I  am not having  back surgery- I have no  pain in back with this - at all   it  just  constant pain  all down   my right leg. I am just  sick of it, Mad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 pm

O.K. Barb , get your rear to Pa. !! Come look at the elk , bear , deer and mountains and to also see our family friend !! Like I said before , I would put my life in his hands over a medical doctor 99.99% of the time.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum