I Love this ANTLER ICE CREW!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Love this ANTLER ICE CREW!!

Post  shedder on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 pm

After 20 plus years hanging around the outdoors and its industry, Shaun and Antler Ice might be the only one that I would advocate for unconditionally!  You all know, sometimes to a fault I call them as I see them so thats gotta say something about this group and what they are doing! 
In case you were wondering...
I'm not paid in any way...Good things deserve their air time too! 

Take a look at their Bone Cold Season 2 that starts up in July on the Pursuit Channel.

https://vimeo.com/131341977
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: I Love this ANTLER ICE CREW!!

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:03 pm

I just saw their season preview , not bad but I don't think they can talk. Other than the very beginning , I don't think I heard another word. Sorry to say but as I see it , they need to kill bigger critters , not that I care but that's what people want to see , big bucks, bulls , bears or whatever to keep things going good. Which is why you rarely see a female critter shot on tv , its just not what most people want to watch , unless its a kid !
Now about frozen deer pee , that I'm not sold on. Once its frozen it has a shorter life after its thawed out , but that's just nature , no different than meat. I would rather have fresh myself.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Nice to see you're so chipper tonight there Rick...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:17 am

Always happy , just telling it like it is. Smaller deer/elk are just not , in easy terms , best sellers. I can hear the peanut gallery now , " I can't believe they shot that small buck " !! I don't care. I have been buying a local crews DVD's for 3 or 4 years and the biggest buck might make 150 . I buy it because they are local , as in most hunts are within 20-25 miles of my house , some spots are on the other side of a farm next to where we hunt. I just hope they talk more during a regular show compared to the highlight show Very Happy !! That's why a lot of people don't like Raglin or Fitzgerald because not all deer are big . Even after talking with friends you may know , Ralph and Vicki , they will tell you small doesn't sell. They love going to Anticosti Island , but a DVD of just those hunts would not sell simply because the bucks are not big. That place is a spot they love because its just a fun hunt , and you can't judge a show or a hunt based on the size of the bucks. I really wish those guys the best , I'm sure I won't mind their show !!! Now I'm still not sold on frozen pee , plus I KNOW FOR A FACT that Tina would flip the freak out if she knew I had frozen pee next to her chicken and ice cream!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 am

Too funny! You hit the Trifecta Rick...all is good though!!  Roger Raglin put me in a couple of his videos back in the day! 
As far as the quality of the animal goes on the Antler Ice Bone Cold TV...we will have to see.  Last year's series they shot the largest antlered doe on video on a KY hunt that was really sweet.  The main crew was holed up during the best of the November Rut with our 70" snow storm that buried our area for 7-10 days.  I'm sure that put a damper on things for this years show...but I really don't know. 
As far as the AntlerIce frozen urine you are dead wrong! 
After using the fresh urine...yes your RealScent too in its liquid form: 
It's disgusting messy smelly and just does not last more than a couple weeks before the amonia smells form.
With AntlerIce its frozen. It's pure its fresh! You pull it out the night before your hunt and enough melts for your hunt...I have a couple bottles and at the end of the hunt I pull the second bottle out if I'm hunting the next day and put the bottle I used that day in the freezer...IT STAYS FRESH!!
This is the ONLY urine that does not spook doe away from my area! that's huge. Now I have a visual and a scent trigger for that buck to come in!
I gave up on traditional urine because 
1) it was scaring the doe away...keeping my hunting area VOID OF DEER!?!?!
2) the smell was disgusting especially after a week or two!!

If you have EVER asked yourself why am I doing this?! 
You need to do yourself a favor a try AntlerIce.  
I did and I'm now back to using deer scents again!
Without the frustrations of before!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 am

Well after watching the S.C. show and the Wyoming show , not too bad !! I don't care for all the extra camera shots but ever since Driven did it , so has most the other shows. I still can't believe they went to S.C. but there are tons of deer down there , as is the heat Very Happy Very Happy !!! I will say it looks like the guys I was talking about that have Pennsylvania Whitetail Pursuit , not big deer but good decent bucks most of us would be happy to take , including myself. Also like PWP , not the best shots taken , not the best placement but in the end a dead deer , and that's what really matters to me. Nobody is perfect !!!!!! I did like the double droptine buck , and like I have said before , it means zero to me , but that was one of those bucks I can hear others saying " why kill that buck when he could have grown into a giant " , I say why not !!!! All I can say is , keep it going boys !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum