Hey Eric, a couple Blue ridge mountain deer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey Eric, a couple Blue ridge mountain deer

Post  Willy on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:36 pm

My mother inlaw sent these cell phone pictures to my wife on Saturday morning. She took them out of the kitchen window. She has been on me for years to come up there and hunt, sadly I never have. No particular reason, just always hunting else where. I am considering a trip now. She live on top of a mountain outside of Roanoke Va. Its not far from town but its pretty isolated. She gets snowed in for days at a time in the winter because the road going up isnt maintained like the main roads are. She sent pictures once of a bear in her trash cans. 
Pretty nice looking bunch. She said there were 3 more bucks bigger but they got into the trees before she could get her phone. 

Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Eric, a couple Blue ridge mountain deer

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:47 am

Looks like some good bucks, Hey Willy tell your mother n law I'll pay her a guide fee to come down there. Lol
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

Pretty nice Willy! The mountain deer don't seem to have the big racks as the piedmont deer do but they do have a few giants out that way. The body size on the deer out there is bigger though. Buddy of mine in Winchester shot a 125" 8pt that dressed at 205 lbs. It was an older deer. Roanoke is about 3 hours west of me. I have a couple jobsites out there though we'll be starting later this year. Cool pics!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum