Sometimes things work out and everything comes with a unexpected pretty bow!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sometimes things work out and everything comes with a unexpected pretty bow!

Post  shedder on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:47 pm

I have to say this hunting season is going to be a blast!! I just added a sweet OH lease to my KY and IN Mid West fall tour!  It's a small suburban lease with a wide power line and a stream.  Mostly wooded and surrounded by 1000's of acres of series of pretty decent woods with a river and two large parks that don't allow hunting! I had been waiting for this land owners leases to open up...been waiting 3 years! 
People may shy away from its due to its size but with its gated access and the security of the giant sanctuary in the wildlife parks so close along with the crazy amount of solid woods in the area for bucks to roam this really does not hunt like a suburban lease! 
Oh and with my previous digging I already knew that this place bordered a vacant commercial landlocked block of timber with a large pond that will double my lease size! 
I need more trail cams!!!! 
What is so nice about this lease that is 2 states away is its still just a 2 hour drive!!
Am I really hunting 4 states?  OH boy is this going to be a fun year!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Sometimes things work out and everything comes with a unexpected pretty bow!

Post  shedder on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:34 am

Its pretty much set up to hunt! Cool  Its a suburban hunt but like I said the area really is loaded with woods!  The section where my lease 
is has a network of woods probably 1,200-1,500 acres.  
I love the Google maps area calculator!  No more guessing the acreage of a plot of land.  Just pin it and its immediately on your screen! 

Its fun to think of what kind of Ohio bruiser bucks might walk in front of me this fall being right in the middle of two great big 
deer sanctuaries like I am!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Sometimes things work out and everything comes with a unexpected pretty bow!

Post  chukbuk on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Certainly looks very promising based on the map views Shedder!  You really have a knack for searching out those unique places...good luck with it, I'll stay tuned to see the results!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 am

Heading to my Ohio lease to put up a couple trail cams and do a little scouting!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm

WOAH!! What an awesome piece of property! This property is Marshy playground for the deer. I was pleasantly surprised walking through my lease it reminded me of call Maryland Eastern shore hunt!! 
It's going to be dynamite. I Set up 2 cameras. One over corn so I can get an estimate on the population of bucks in the area and the other I set up I'm a great trail crossing heading out of the swap leading to timber Ridge where the trails were heavy with big tracks!! I cannot wait to see what's on the cameras! 
More pictures to come of course right!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum