Gun lucky again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gun lucky again!

Post  chukbuk on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:51 am

Another relative has given me some guns!  I can't believe my luck...especially that so many of them are guns that I really cherish!  One is an M1 Garand made in 1945 that is in really good condition.  Many feel this gun helped win WW2... Just love reading about the history of it!
     A 22 I really like is a Remington 513T Matchmaster it's a Redfield peep sight.  It a target rifle with a broad fore stock and thick barrel.  Really cool old gun, can't wait to shoot it.  I know pics...I'll try this afternoon when I take a break from the hot weather, getting an early start today.  Still laying block for the basement!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun lucky again!

Post  bowGal on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Congrat's on that M1 Garand CB,  Those are some  beautiful guns- we have  3 left now, that  are  in  beautiful  to mint  condition,  Larry sold one last year to   a   guy  that  had fought in all the   Iraq  war's,  the only  gun he did not have  from Our   Countries  early war 's  in his  collection  was the  M1  Garand, he was  thrilled to  death  to  finally get one, in his hand's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm not a gun guru but I do know the m1 is legendary!  What a cool thing to receive.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:22 pm

bowGal wrote: Congrat's on that M1 Garand CB,  Those are some  beautiful guns- we have  3 left now, that  are  in  beautiful  to mint  condition,  Larry sold one last year to   a   guy  that  had fought in all the   Iraq  war's,  the only  gun he did not have  from Our   Countries  early war 's  in his  collection  was the  M1  Garand, he was  thrilled to  death  to  finally get one, in his hand's
    Has Larry (or you), ever read THE CORPS series by W.E.B. Griffin?  The books are fiction but based on factual WWII Marine involvement in the war.  There is much in the stories about the introduction of the Garand and Carbine as they are phased into use.  From what I have researched, the timeline and history is very accurate in the stories.  Listened to the books on tape versions over and over on my road trips.  Be glad to loan them to you if interested...also have the paperbacks!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:30 pm

soil wrote:I'm not a gun guru but I do know the m1 is legendary!  What a cool thing to receive.
     You are right...reading about the history of this gun is fascinating!  Just read about what Patton said...“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.” 
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum