Cecil the Lion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cecil the Lion

Post  Aero on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Our society is really out of whack...  Living in MN, this Lion thing is really unreal and a sad commentary on people.  I mean, I'll be the 1st guy to say let this guy (as well as his guides) be dealt with harshly if the facts of the case come back that he/they poached that Lion.  I really dislike poachers. What really gets me however, is how the media is really fueling a fire of speculation and uncertainties, by reporting on this in the way they have.  If this dentist shows his face right now at his dental practice... the crowd would absolutely kill him, and I'm not kidding.  His business and reputation are ruined, and we don't even know for sure what level of knowledge he had.  Zimbabwe hasn't even asked to talk with him yet (according to a story I just read on ABC). Regardless of what facts may come out - his life is dramatically changed, and there is nothing he can do about it. 

I think the hardest thing to see/watch last night... our local news spent 10 mins interviewing protesters gathering at his dental practice.  They were saying he should be skinned alive and shot with a bow... this is a travesty, and a disgrace to the human race, and on and on. They were making crap up that nobody even knows to fit some belief they decided was the correct way to think. The 2nd story on the news was of a mother who beat her newborn son to death because she was in a financial bind and asked the Drs. (20 mins after the boy was proclaimed dead) when she could pick up death benefits.  After quick questioning, she admitted killing her child.  No protests, nobody complaining about her ??????   It's a sad comment to where we are.

Again... if this dentist did something illegal or unethical, I say make him an example.  He has a prior incident with bear hunting in WI, so he may be shady... but let's let the facts come out before we string him up and start him on fire.

Aero
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Re: Cecil the Lion

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:58 pm

I agree !! This world and its views and all this politically correct crap is WAY out of hand !!! Does the media know that the hunter actually could have not known what was going on , that this lion was so special ?? Yes if he is guilty he should be made into an example because he would then be a poacher. I did hear one news station say he was busted before for poaching , was he ??
I'm really sick of a lot of the crap this country is pulling lately. The saying " one bad apple " sure is coming into play !! What's next ??
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:39 pm

It would be super fantastic if the media went on a frenzy about things that needed attention....like helping our veterans more when they come home, fixing the government budgets.....etc.   instead we get over loaded with stories about what kardashian wore to the park and how great Jenner looks in his dress.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:56 pm

You got that  right  Josh,

As for this   dentist, killing  this  lion,  if  he  and his so called  guides are  guilty,  then hang him,
   But like  mentioned above  this   Dentist has been  charged before ,  And to  pay  55,000  to kill this  lion,  Jeez  Sure not the way  I would  spend that  kind of money if  I had it, But  then again  I am not  a big  fan of anykind   Africa hunting anyway, Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:11 pm

This country has lost its balls , I really hope everyone that wanted a change is happy with the way they voted the last two times.
Barb , I feel the same way , that 55 grand would go to a sheep hunt before an African hunt. Now I hear people are wanting our awesome Very Happy Very Happy president to make it illegal for a hunter to bring a lion back into the states , even if the hunt and hunter are 100% legal !! Then I saw some a$$hole talking bad about hunters , does he not know how much money us boneheaded hunters pump into the economy , no matter if its here or in another country.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum