I can shoot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can shoot!

Post  chukbuk on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

I've shot my bow a few times now and am gaining confidence in my shoulder!  Still painful but since I'm not slinging 12" blocks around anymore, the tendinitis has settled down.  I'm so thrilled, really started to feel no bow season for me.  
     I'll start longer sessions this week and see how it goes...wish me luck... Rather my shoulder!  Now if I could only sleep on it!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: I can shoot!

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:27 pm

That's good to hear !! All you need is a few a day to get things settled back in.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Glad to hear it. Lighten up on the poundage and don't over do it. You only need to be able to shoot one shot at a time and do it while you're cold. Wink

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Vic is right! 
I just rebuilt my Bowtech Allegiance...I swapped out the 70 pound limbs for a pair of 40-50 pound limbs and replaced my speed cams/mods for the smooth ones.
After a Mathews string stop, I went back to my Trophy Ridge Drop Away rest...the whisker biscuit is in the land fill.
I'm pulling a touch under 50 and it's just a sweet shooting rig!! I was blowing out Robin hoods right off the press.  There is time to make changes! It's the best thing I could have ever done!!
Good luck bud!!!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 am

That's good news!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 am

The shoulder woke me up, I feel asleep on my right side (passed out after a really long work day yesterday and a few beers), so now I'm really hurting! 
     Might lighten up some Vic, the pain is mainly when I move through a rough part of my rotator cuff.  My strength is really very good though!  The pain is there even if I lift a broom the wrong way!  I've learned how to avoid the zone by holding my elbow higher as I draw (even though it's bad form), it works!
      It would be awful expensive to change limbs on all three of my 70lb bows...love them, I'm attached to the old XT and Drenalin LD!  I'll hang in there a little longer and see how it holds up...thanks for the advice!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum