A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Post  shedder on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:03 pm

That's nuts Vic!  Congrats on your doe as well!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:36 am

Congrats on your de Vic! That elk would be pretty wild to se on sand. Cool!

Sorry to hear your misfortunes Rick. That really sux!

Seen seeing several bucks cruising in the morning on my way to work. We have had several new bucks show up on camera at the golf course Think we have 20 different buck son camera. A new shooter has shown up too. Not a giant but a nice older buck. Our smokepole season comes in Saturday. That will make things interesting but most of our buck movement is still at night.
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Sweet  evening,  I saw  5 bucks  Larry saw 4 and one of those was  Brutus,  And  No he didnot  have  a shot, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad We will be hard at all week,   It is getting  good  guy's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Holy crap ,  Larry just radioed me  he left  10 minutes ago, I am trying to get out  but  have deer in the yard,  Larry had   brutus at  20 yards on the logging road,  and his  bow way in his sling,  - this doe and  fawn in the yard are the  deer  brutus was   following, Dang it  I got to  figure out how to  sneak out the door,   Update more  later - seeya

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:02 pm

Well I just missed the evening of hunting. Holly invited some friend from down state to stop by and they didn't get out of here until it was getting too late to go. Now because our stupid state don't allow hunting on Sunday, I have to wait until Monday morning and we are to be in the 70's next week. Ugh! After that our last week looks like rain and snow showers all week long.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:37 pm

6 bucks today including wide 10 rubbing a 10 foot tree bout broke it lol he was grunting up a storm. All th rest were a lil 8 with split brows and just smaller deer. Also 2 does.. 5 of the 8 deer today got within 5 foot of my tree and didn't find me which is good so I'm still well hidden with no leaves. Hopefully bitty 2 walks in tomorrow cuz I sold my bow gotta ship it out Monday and wait till Friday before I get my new one
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:08 pm

DMW97 wrote:6 bucks today including wide 10 rubbing a 10 foot tree bout broke it lol he was grunting up a storm. All th rest were a lil 8 with split brows and just smaller deer. Also 2 does.. 5 of the 8 deer today got within 5 foot of my tree and didn't find me which is good so I'm still well hidden with no leaves. Hopefully bitty 2 walks in tomorrow cuz I sold my bow gotta ship it out Monday and wait till Friday before I get my new one
Who sells their bow in the middle of the season and is going to have November time without a bow????? What were you thinking boy? lol!

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:
DMW97 wrote:6 bucks today including wide 10 rubbing a 10 foot tree bout broke it lol he was grunting up a storm. All th rest were a lil 8 with split brows and just smaller deer. Also 2 does.. 5 of the 8 deer today got within 5 foot of my tree and didn't find me which is good so I'm still well hidden with no leaves. Hopefully bitty 2 walks in tomorrow cuz I sold my bow gotta ship it out Monday and wait till Friday before I get my new one
Who sells their bow in the middle of the season and is going to have November time without a bow????? What were you thinking boy? lol!
David does.Razz Hes a little slow....
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Decent hunt tonight. Overcast with a little rain off and on but a little warm. Didn't see a thing until literally the last five minutes of the hunt when I had a little jacked up looking thing walk up right in front of my camera at about 20 yards. He leaves and I start packing up and let my bow down to the ground. Grabbed my back pack and started to stand up when I noticed a deer standing where my mineral hole was from back in the summer. Since I wasn't sure where the little thing went I assumed it was him again. Well he walked up to maybe 10 yards away and when he lifted his head I could tell it was a different deer. It was either low brows out the new wide wimpy 8 that showed up the other night. It was a little too dark to tell for sure I could just tell he was wide. I should've known the body was too big to be the other deer. That's the first I've seen of anything other than does and 1 1/2 year old bucks moving in daylight so hopefully it heats up fast
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 am

Yeah pretty sure it was low brows. The camera didn't trigger when he came through right at dark but I figured he was a little too far out. He was there off and on all night along with the other nice three year old and three little guys.

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:54 am

I thought season was supposed to get better?? Didn't see a thing this morning. And checked cameras on the way out like I do every day and had 2 deer on 3 cameras all night. I have no idea what's going on... usually I have 5-6 bucks on scrapes every night.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:
Lol catfish willy is letting me borrow his maxxis until Friday now so I'm set
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:18 pm

In stand now had the deer I call buck norris and 2 other lil bucks at 10 yards just walkin through then 30min layer where they came from sounded like someone was dragging trees through woods so I grunted next thing I know catch glimpse of big Ole rack walkin away from sound idk who he was hopefully he comes back in b4 dark
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Had a good sit tonight. I hunted the ridge on the back side of the sanctuary. I had not been back there since turkey season. My intentions were to just walk the fence line and make sure all of the posted signs were still up. I got to the ridge of oaks and it was loaded with rubs, big rubs. There were probably 15 rubs within bow distance of a stand that is already there. I decided to go ahead and hunt it. At 3pm I see a big buck walking a field edge 100 yards away. I see a big rack and my next thought was, he has some long brow tines. He is heading right toward me. At about 60 yards he cuts into the thicket and disappears. I didnt plan on hunting so I didnt have any binos, but this deer had 10+ inch brow tines. Is it possible that my old friend is still around and just relocated about 2 miles away, or is one of his brothers back there? I hope to find out because I am going to spend some time back there over the next 2 weeks.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:51 pm

That's interesting, boss!  How old would he be this year?
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 pm

soil wrote:That's interesting, boss!  How old would he be this year?

If its him he would be 5 1/2. I am not totally convinced its him for a couple reasons. One I have only had one other buck in 16 years go from one end of the farm to the other. Normally there are totally different bucks on that end, it is rare to get pics of the same deer on both ends. Two, big brows was putting on 30-40" a year, this buck was in the 150-160 range. Big brows was probably 150 last year. So if its him he didnt grow much. I am wanting to find out though, he was the one I wanted most going into this year.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 am

"Buck Norris"...great big buck name!!!  

Still haven't hunted yet.  Yesterday afternoon about 4, I'm pounding rock with a digging bar in a footer hole for the deck I'm building and I take a rest and look up toward the hollow and a beautiful, wide 9 point is casually feeding in the opening.  Should have some trail cam pics as it looks like he was near one
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:22 am

This is the wimpy wide 3 year old that showed up about a week ago. Been back about every other night since.

The wimpy one was only here for the rut then a couple nights late in the season. I also had high brows show back up. Only seen him once from the stand and a couple nights of pics late in the season. Just like last year the only thing nice about him is his brows but he is cool looking. It kinda funny how two of the three year olds are pretty darn nice for three year olds. Then these two are so much smaller.

This was last year.

This is this year.

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:48 am

I'm just say'n, I hate when the west wind blows out of the east!!! Had a buck grunting before daylight and then the wind which was supposed to be in my face hit me in the back of the neck and a snort blasted out in front of me. Ugh!

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:I'm just say'n, I hate when the west wind blows out of the east!!! Had a buck grunting before daylight and then the wind which was supposed to be in my face hit me in the back of the neck and a snort blasted out in front of me. Ugh!

I noticed on calmer mornings I get an East wind quite often even when the forecast shows West, always blamed it on thermals.  I have one stand I wait till sun up to get into just to avoid it.
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:18 pm

chukbuk wrote:"Buck Norris"...great big buck name!!!  

Lol its cuz of his huge body and he always looks angry  like he's bout to whoop somethin
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:59 pm

kyhunter123 wrote:I thought season was supposed to get better?? Didn't see a thing this morning. And checked cameras on the way out like I do every day and had 2 deer on 3 cameras all night. I have no idea what's going on... usually I have 5-6 bucks on scrapes every night.

Lock down??

According to Alsheimer’s Lunar Calendar, major seeking behavior should pick up around October 20th and continue until around October 27th, when major chasing should begin. This peak in visible rutting activity will continue until around November 3rd when the tending phase should be kicking into gear and continue through the 10th

If you tend to listen to Charley A anyway...

Last edited by shedder on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:04 pm

been slow the last few day's.  Ihad doe's again tonight, larry was blessed with a  small buck that did everything  perfect,  This  warm up has   stunk the  last  couple of day's and   75  tomorrow with another   morning of  heavy fog, But at  least it is going to be  damn  cold this weekend, The  split G2  8pt  is showing  a back leg injury, Not sure what  happen to him , Crying or Very sad I think  Bob comes in  friday  night so it will be nice to   have all  3 of us out  in the  timber,  Brutus is  playing cat and mouse with us,  Mad so far, Chasing  has really slowed down  the past  2 day's, Hopefully  this cold front gets them acting  stupid again this weekend Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Yeah that too Barb...I sat out in 72 degree midmorning temps today myself and ended up doing some scouting on the new place.  
Felt like Iowa!  Then again...Thats when I saw Diablo!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 pm

ridgerunner wrote:
Mountainman Vic wrote:I'm just say'n, I hate when the west wind blows out of the east!!! Had a buck grunting before daylight and then the wind which was supposed to be in my face hit me in the back of the neck and a snort blasted out in front of me. Ugh!

I noticed on calmer mornings I get an East wind quite often even when the forecast shows West, always blamed it on thermals.  I have one stand I wait till sun up to get into just to avoid it.
I know what your saying but this at this spot the thermals normally suck the air down in the hollow but for some reason today they were pushing up out of the hollow.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum