Good deal, Bob!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Post  Boss Gobbler on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:18 pm

bowGal wrote:Buck down for  Bob.
You can't come in and leave us hanging like that.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Bitty 2 is still showin up lookin a lil skinny tho. of course he is showing up when there isint any corn out so only get 2 or 3 pics. Ive been sittin mostly afternoons, guess i will have to toughit out and sit mornings after i get off work from now on. Been seein a lot of 3 and 4 yr olds 130s but not bitty 2 so its gunna be all day sits this weekend and morning sits all next week.

DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:00 am

Thanks for the gripping stories everyone!  Hang in there...can't wait to see BBD pics!  Vic...PA is in the dark ages with the politically driven Game Comission but I feel NJ is much worse.
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:51 am

Not much going on here. I did hunt the afternoon yesterday , not really sure why , winds were steady at 20+ mph with a high gust of 47 while I sat in my blind. But it would have been perfect if it was gun season to take a long slow walk thru the woods. Sad to say today is the last day , heading out soon and then its all bear for next week and temps are supposed to be in the high 50's to low 60's all week , or so the weatherman says Very Happy !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:34 am

Gun season started today. As I sit out here is 6:24. About half hour before light and I hear the first shot. I heard probably 40 or more shots before 8 o'clock. Wayyyyy over 40 now. ... dad went behind the house to hunt. 2 older guys were back there. One shot 13 times. And this guy can't shoot over 100 yards from where he was at. He shot so many he just went and got the truck and there huge trailer and pulled it back there. I seriously don't even wanna know how many he shot. ......
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Has it been 6 weeks already ?? I guess so , the Pa. bow season is done . Now I can concentrate the next week and a half to bear season !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Oh yea , I see there are some really , really dumb people on facebook !!!!! I just had read about some guy shooting a deer today, thinks he hit it in the guts. Now he's asking if its legal to carry his bow on sunday if they don't find it tonight !! REALLY ??!!! Then the idiot train went all aboard on the comments !! From ... carry your bow and worry about the PGC later , carry a pistol , carry your bow and say your coyote hunting and so on. Then one was , say your squirrel hunting since small game is still in season , its sunday bonehead !! Yes I realize we as hunters must do whatever we can to find a wounded animal , but some responses made me wonder how many true sportsman we still have. Seems like everybody likes to bash the PGC any chance they get.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:00 am

Hey  team mates,  I  will get the  entries updated in the next few day's,, We are  having good hunts  just our  shooters are out of range, 
 Andy  is there no way your  taxidermist can  not  send you  a  photo of  tap measurement?????? scratch

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:29 am

kyhunter123 wrote:Gun season started today. As I sit out here is 6:24. About half hour before light and I hear the first shot. I heard probably 40 or more shots before 8 o'clock. Wayyyyy over 40 now. ... dad went behind the house to hunt. 2 older guys were back there. One shot 13 times. And this guy can't shoot over 100 yards from where he was at. He shot so many he just went and got the truck and there huge trailer and pulled it back there. I seriously don't even wanna know how many he shot. ......
     Sorry KY...hope your bucks are still alive.  Very upsetting to hear hunters shooting like that!  In the valley below where I hunt during rifle season...it sounds like a war the first few hours!  Many Amish hunters out for meat and the just unload their guns across open fields shooting so fast that they can't be aiming carefully.  
    Im getting excited PA!  Going up above Elimsport for bear later this week.  Got a reprieve from my wife to hunt deer for the rifle opener!  My buddy sent some pics of a really nice 9pt hanging around the mountain above camp!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:45 am

CB , I went for a ride last night and saw a really nice 10 about 1/2 way up from gap road to 5 points. Then just before the fence in area by 5 points I had a small bear , maybe 150 pounder run up the road in front of me. Still wanting to check out the huge area they cleared on pine flat road , only problem is one side is next to a big area of private ground. But I just may head up there during the week and go for a walk.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  andyman1983 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:24 am

Barb, this is a guy who has publicly told everyone hes closed his shop and wont do heads anymore. But for select people such as myself who have never given him a problem he will do it for. So that being said i dont even want to ask. Hes an old school guy as well so i dunno how long it would take to get the poloroid lol. If i upgrade i will get that spread measurement, but thats my fault so if you can score him without the spread thats ok.
andyman1983
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:25 am

Well about 8 this morning I seen three does run to the back field where two guys hunt. Immediately heard 6 shots then maybe 5 minutes later I hear a shot that couldn't of been 30-40 yards from me on the neighbors property. Scared me to death I had no idea he was there. Don't know who he shot but it was a buck. I'm pretty sure all the ones I was hunting were poached before gun season even started so not sure if he shot one of the 2 year olds or what.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Well PA's archery season closed and I didn't see anything that I wanted to put my tag on so I'm off to Kentucky in the morning and going to try to knock one down with my bow.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:Well PA's archery season closed and I didn't see anything that I wanted to put my tag on so I'm off to Kentucky in the morning and going to try to knock one down with my bow.

Have you heard the expression "dont bring a knife to a gun fight". Laughing If this is your first KY gun season I suggest to bring the gun just in case. After about the 30th shot you hear in the morning you dont much feel like bow hunting anymore.

Last edited by Boss Gobbler on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:
Mountainman Vic wrote:Well PA's archery season closed and I didn't see anything that I wanted to put my tag on so I'm off to Kentucky in the morning and going to try to knock one down with my bow.

Have you heard the expressing "dont bring a knife to a gun fight". Laughing If this is your first KY gun season I suggest to bring the gun just in case. After about the 30th shot you hear in the morning you dont much feel like bow hunting anymore.
Listen to Boss on this one.... 100 gun shots an hour into it and I'm already done with gun season... and I was surrounded by neighborhoods!!
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm so over it I didn't even hunt tonight.ShockedLaughing
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:47 pm

I pitty you  kentucky  guy's, Our gun season starts next weekend,  Cry
 I  saw  brutus this morning,  could not  stop him, texted Larry to keep his eyes out but  he did  not   make it to him, Larry had two small bucks tonight together, I  saw nothing,  
Our vaction ends tonight but  I took tomorrow off to hunt, and we  both will be out   every afternoon until  gun season  kicks in,
 Vic if you go  Please be safe!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:

Have you heard the expression "dont bring a knife to a gun fight". Laughing If this is your first KY gun season I suggest to bring the gun just in case. After about the 30th shot you hear in the morning you dont much feel like bow hunting anymore.
Ahhh Boss I've got a game plan. I'm going into the archery only public land. Let all the orange army send them into me. Very Happy

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Smart man Vic!  That would of been my plan B as well if I were still there myself! Good luck!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:26 am

The only bad thing about those  bow only areas is there always seems to be a couple guys that "didn't know you can't gun hunt it".
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:55 am

Hey Rick Im ready for you to show me that loading and dragging technique. Razz

Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:58 am

Awesome, Boss!  Looking forward to pics.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Just grab him and toss his a$$ in the truck !! Sorry but I think he would be spoiled by the time I got to your place !!! Or go by the "work smarter , not harder " and drag him out with an atv and put him on a trailer ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now get some pics up !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Just grab him and toss his a$$ in the truck !! Sorry but I think he would be spoiled by the time I got to your place !!! Or go by the "work smarter , not harder " and drag him out with an atv and put him on a trailer ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now get some pics up !!

He ran to one the thickest parts of the farm. There isn't a farm road within 300 yards. He died in the creek and it was uphill the whole way. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get him to where I could get the tractor to him. I did find a way to get him in the truck though. I put him on the bush hog ,raised it up level with the tailgate, and pulled him right in.Laughing
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum