A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:18 pm

bowGal wrote:Is  anybody  hunting at  all here?????????????????? LOl ,  Best of luck to everyone  getting out for the first time in the morning, Shoot arrow Shoot arrow Shoot arrow
GOOD LUCK BARB!!!!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:21 pm

VABuckSlayer wrote:Our season starts Saturday but we have a hurricane coming in this weekend so we will just have to see. If we get what they are calling for then the golf course will be destroyed and we won't be able to hunt it for a few weeks. Will probably lose power for a week and have to cut our way out of the neighborhood. Have my fingers crossed this storm stays out to sea!

You know the last time I hunted in what was left of that hurricane that went thru NJ, I still hunted with my bow right up to Rockstar bedded at spitting distance!!  I let him go thinking BigL would get a crack at him because he was all over my cams...yeah right!  Lets hope that thing stays way out in the Atlantic!!!!!!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:59 pm

I'll be heading out the best couple evenings. I normally don't hunt opening day or even opening weekend but the weather is too good to stay home this year!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

It's still slow Barb. The way its looking most of us are going to have to bank on the rut. It's been so slow I've been fishing for than I have hunting
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Good luck to those of you who are starting tomorrow. Like Eric, our season starts Saturday and the weather isn't looking too great. Right now they are calling for showers, which won't keep me out of the woods but the wind direction that they are calling for don't work for the stand I had in for my #1 buck. I do have a stand that will work for my #2 but not sure if I really want to go sit in it before at least one sit for #1. I may have to get another stand hung just to fill a doe tag.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm

I was up in the air all week  if I should  attempt tomorrows opening  morning, But due to the death of  a very special  lady in my life, I have no desire to  hunt in the morning, I was hoping to get out for  an afternoon hunt tomorrow, ,But    I wil  not hunt,  or do I even want to ,  I just want to spent the  afternoon   letting her and  the   family  know how much  I loved,  respected and wil  miss   this amazing  lady   .
Larry was going head out for his first hunt in the morning, and believe it or not,  I asked him not to.  I truely  need  his moral  support in  the morning

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm so sorry Barb.  She sounded like a kind and beautiful woman!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:45 am

Sorry to hear Barb. Prayers for her family and friends!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Can not  believe, Brutus was in the  sweet spot opening morning  right at  7:00am, Not sure  what he is doing  this year"s  this is   twice  this  past  week  , He has  been in that  area, And he  has never used this  area, Normally right now he is  still on  the  north  lease in the  morning,s  Looks like he has changed his  early season  travel route,

Interesting, Maybe it was the   clearing   we did over there, and he did not like it,
 That or he is in this area  to  bully  that  split brow buck,  I think that  buck might just  whoop his  ass , if  Brutus gets  to cocky,
  Yes  I should be out tonight  but  Larry took my  bow to the bow shop on his way to work, So I am bowless tonight! Crying or Very sad. And we still have  2 blinds to get out tomorrow,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:30 pm

That'd be like a welterweight taking on a heavyweight wouldn't it?
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:06 pm

soil wrote:That'd be like a welterweight taking on a heavyweight wouldn't it?
  It is  going to  be  very interesting indeed, Josh, That split  brow buck  looks to me like he can handle his own, That other  buck is back that  I call the  uneven brow buck,  I thought he was just  a ten, put looks like  I  might of miscounted,  I would  still love to   see him make it another year, but  no way  would  I  ask   buddy Bob  not  to shoot him  if he gets an encounter in   his  short time here in  Nov,

Last edited by bowGal on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh and very interesting ,  getting through more card pulls and   Brutus was in my lower  field at 4:00.am that morning,  It took him   3 hours to get to the sweet spot, and I do not have any camera's set inbetween these to point, If he walked  a straight line ,  he would of  been from  point A to B in no time, I still have   2 yard camera's that I pulled today,  that  I have not even viewed yet, But so far he had not  passed these camera's, Ok  he is already driving me nuts with his new  and   out of the  character travel pattern,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 pm

I was fortunate enough to see 2 big deer tonight. One was the kicker 10, the other is an 8 point I've never seen before. The kicker 10, I believe is 5 1/2, and this other 8 point dwarfs him in body size. He looks like a 300 pounder.   They came out about 175 yards away and fed on clover and under a big oak tree. They were slowly creeping my way but were still 150 yards out as it got dark. I was planning to check two cameras but instead just slipped out since they were so close.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am

Deer were moving pretty good this morning. Got pretty cold these last few days but the wind is killing us! It's been super windy every day. This morning was colder than the last few days though. I seen 13 and my dad seen 14. I passed up a 3 yr old I named "Photoshop" at 22 yards he should be a nice deer if he can survive this year. Other than him I haven't seen much at all. I'm in the situation where there is just to much food. As the acorns start dissapering it should start getting better.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Still haven't been out since Bitty 2 Embarassed Embarassed  Its just been difficult to figure out what I wanna do. Although I am getting an itchy trigger finger so might try and whack a doe tomorrow. My step dad hunts this property in the middle of BFE andim aloud to hunt it as well. Just finding that part out a week ago I went out put my climber on a tree a camera and some corn out 2 days ago. So many acorns there its crazy. My step dad only gun hunts and the one other guy that hunts there does to I'm way away and no pressure durin bow season. He only wants me out there no Jacob he doesn't like other people bein out there so looks like I'm filmin solo
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  John B on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:55 am

Shot two does last week with my bow cheers ........forgot to take pics on both Be Polite  Sorry guys ill try to remember if I get another.

John B
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

John B wrote:Shot two does last week with my bow cheers ........forgot to take pics on both Be Polite  Sorry guys ill try to remember if I get another.
John, I am going to come across the river and kick your butt!!!!!!!!!!!
 LOng day and long weekend,  We both had fun hunts just no shooters, Worked today so  I just pulled cards when I got home,  Not liking the  warm up this week but I am going to hunt tomorrow, I will be happy just to  get a shot off on one of all this  darn  yote's!!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  andyman1983 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 am

I took my daughter out with me the other night and was able to take a small doe with her watching. First deer she has seen taken down. Pretty great night. Will get it entered sometime this week.
andyman1983
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Had my first hunt yesterday at the golf course. Saw a couple deer in the distance but nothing near me. Did spook one getting out but it didn't blow so that was good. Might go one more time this week before Sat. The golf course is flooded and we will probably lose half the plots if the river doesn't go down soon. Probably already too late. Hoping it's not too bad!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:15 am

Way to go on the  doe, Andy, congrat's,  Slow here yesterday with the warm up for my afternoon hunt,  Moved  a  blind  yesterday morning, so looking forward to  hunting it next time out,  Got to  work all week so not  sure  I will get back out  until the weekend, and  the weekend is  our Youth season,

That  really  stinks  about your  plots being  flooded Eric, That is  a beautiful set up you have at the course Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 am

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's hunting adventures!  Even though I haven't made it to my stand behind the house...I know things are really slow.  Each evening after work on the addition, I sit in the new dining room with binos' and a beer and glass the little field in the hollow.
     No big buck sightings in over a month.  Having an acorn fall like I have never seen in our new home!  The deer I do see are all fat with them...that's a good thing for them at least.  I'm looking fwd to late season hunting!  Good luck everyone !
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 am

Well, I was disappointed on Tuesday morning when I went in after my #1 where I was guessing he'd be. I didn't see a thing. I pulled the camera and it only had 40 pictures since the 25th of August. And they weren't all deer. None of them were the Perfect Ten. I'm sure this spot will pick up after the middle of October when the bucks start expanding their range but I've got no real plan of attack for this buck right now. There's just too much country and I've got no idea which ridge he's hanging on.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Vic is this the  first year in  many that you have not  tagged out on opening  Day? I love you I know your frustation on  your target buck,  brutus has gone totally off his  normal path this early season,  And I by no means like where he is on the last  few card pull's , but at least he is  noctornal, in those area's, so far,
 I was  planning on hunting tonight, until   i got home from work - 83 tempts and while out  pratice shooting I was  attacked by  lady bug's and bee's.   big cool down tomorrow  with north winds  so  I will  be out  tomorrow afternoon after work cheers

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Not much going on here , well beside having a perfect opening day as far as temps go. Now the heat has been here all week and it sucks ! The only daytime pics I get is in the early  morning, up to 8 am , and of course I'm at work. Then no pics until just after 7 pm.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 pm

I haven't hunted since last weekend. Im probably gonna hunt all week this week coming up though. My dad said they didnt cut any more corn and the combine was gone so they must messed it up pretty good.... Havent got much on camera. But a couple have given me a couple pictures....

Dont know who this is. Only picture i got...

And OverBite...There are a few more but you cant really see without other pictures to kinda swipe back and forth...

kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: