A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Place to talk " Smack talk and Deer Updates "

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm

To hot to hunt here yesterday, today  the wind's were  gusting, that  and I had to work  and wanted to use these gusting winds to  get to  a few  camera's,  Little bucks are still  chasing and grunting their heads off, but all  shooter bucks are  still noctornal, All my plots are  very active in day light  , but   still to early here to  sit very many set up's, We have some  nice cool tempts for the weekend. but   I am still not  getting   pumped up yet  until  after Oct 24th for here, LOL if it was up to me, I would  be firing up the  skidsteer to   cut  a  few more paths  this  week, ,Brutus is loving all the new ones we  put in  this year  on the home farm  and  he has never favored these area's  this  early in the season!!!!!!! I  pulled the  blind  I had added on the north lease   to hunt him  hard early season, Because   he has  totally left that  area,  The SOB is only here this  early because  he has    a few other buck over  3 to compete with, Trust  I  know!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Good to hear the hunting updates coming in, its all I have right now as Lindsay and I push hard to try get the house done before the snow comes. We do have 3 shooters on the cam now so need to try find some time to get out asap!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Best of luck to you  both Chad, Lol You just  keep working on the house, and  Let Lindsay  get out more. Wink Due to  work killing me and  the worst wind's  possible for our hunting , I have not  been out ,  Larry is wanting to   head out in the morning, Hoping he will, get his butt out of  bed, We have very light  south winds in the morning, And he is  dying to  get in the new  path stand  across the creek, I was so hoping to be off in the morning, but  as right now,  I still have to work Mad, We both are so looking forward to  the  big cold front  moving in   friday, Not liking that we could  get our  first frost of the year,tho. But loving the  north winds moving in,  Of course that  means  we have  strong gusting  winds to  deal will, Still not  getting  any shooters on  camera's moving in daylight,  well at least since  my last trip to  camera's  a couple days ago
, I am so ready for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:51 am

Just like Chad, all I am doing is working on the house but enjoying reading all your reports!  I'm going to try and get out next week but nothing on cams.  I've never seen an acorn year like this, the woods are loaded and it seems the deer are scattered and off their travel habits.  I'm depressed at not seeing any of my local bucks, I hoped they would keep me entertained till I could be out.
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Larry  had  a great hunt this morning, He was  stuck in the  tree until  10:00am,  Watched  a  10 pt down below him  trashing  a tree for ever, We do have  a stand down there, Smile , Just have not  hunted it  yet, And lol   only Bob and  I know where it is, Larry forgot about it  being there, I just  pulled  cards after work today, I have been hurting  all week, due to work and  actually just called off  for  tomorrow,  Hopefully  I feel  good  to do  a morning  hunt,  if not  by  all means  I will be out tomorrow afternoon, And  all damn weekend!!! LOL  with  a chance of  a frost this weekend  I   hauled  my  little   buddy heaters up to  two different   ground blinds, So  I did not have to  pack them in this weekend, Heck I  pack enough deer gear on me   to begin with, Brassica  plot's are  really   picking up,  One clover plot I  checked today was ate down to  stem's  since  my last  trip up there, Brutus is still only   captured   at  night  but   he was  and  2 stand set ups, off course at 11;00 pm and  then at a lower stand at  4 ;00 am , he is at that   stand  quite a bit at that hour, :cry:And to be honest I am not  liking  him  in this area at all, it is an area where  the only nieghbors we have to  contend with are also  hunters  Crying or Very sad I honestly wish he would of  stayed to the north more this time of year,

Oh and   Yotes  everywhere in my plots, Hopefully    we  can get  a few  shot this weekend,They   were even eating at my   top  winter wheat plot in daylight , I swear  I had no    idea  Yote's  ate winter wheat. Did any of you know that??????? That  camera's showed me  they killed a  few more  bunnies this week , that  many audio of  clips of them  howling  all night, Mad Mad Mad Mad i posted  a few things tonight  on FB,  but  I do not  have time to upload to  you-tube or  slick pic  tonight, Crying or Very sad  Best of luck to everyone this weekend, I am  loving our  weather forcast,  for tempt;s  the high gusting winds  suck tho,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Daylight movement is pretty much down to nothin right now around here. I see a few does every morning but other than that, the bucks just aren't moving. I did have a few bucks finally show up though. Deer i named Horse, The 8 i got pictures of all summer i aint seen in a while, Photoshop, and a new 10 that looks to be pretty nice. No scrapes or anything around here yet. Not really surprising. That usually will start within the next 2 weeks. They still haven't done anything with the corn. At the pace there going they may be cutting and planting the same day lol. 

Horse.

Photoshop.

The 8.

The new 10.

kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Slow morning! I had a doe in and then five bear came trough about 9:30. After that I figured I might as well give on this morning.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm

It will be tomorrow night if  I do not hunt  till I play catch, up. Brutus was at the stand   hunted tonight , only  he was there last night  when I wasnt,   Could of  shot  any one of   20 hens tonight  night  but Ihad just gotten in to the blind and    pulled the  camera  card before  I got in and  new  from what it  showed me the past  2 days   bucks were  everywhere the day before,  Of  course  that did  not happen tonight,, But I  am   finally stocked and  excited to get out   more in this  top  area  now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:46 am

Been slow around my way but the pics are showing bucks moving just at night. Hope to run into one soon! I did let a young but goofy looking 6pt walk this weekend. He tempted me though!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 pm

VABuckSlayer wrote:Been slow around my way but the pics are showing bucks moving just at night. Hope to run into one soon! I did let a young but goofy looking 6pt walk this weekend. He tempted me though!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm

VABuckSlayer wrote:Been slow around my way but the pics are showing bucks moving just at night. Hope to run into one soon! I did let a young but goofy looking 6pt walk this weekend. He tempted me though!
 Got your pm Eric,  been  busy, will call you this weekend, Sorry about that  doe, but  at least you can still get out and hunt, Wink  we got   quite a few bucks this year, just  so many of them  need another year, not like that will happen in   our area tho Mad  Just got  pic's of  a  buck  I am pretty  sure is the  Freak buck from last year , and he  has  finally grown  both brow's. this year,for the  first time, Just  got  a camera out on  2  new fresh scrapes on the  side  yard timber  area, So   many stands we have not hunted yet,Larry is  trying to  find and hunt that  short  split brow buck, I hope he  does not  make a mistake   and shot the   uneven brow  10pt  in stead, But  I guess it is ok  if he does, since he hasn't shot a  buck in   what 8years now, We  have  2 or  3  different  8pt with one split   g-2s  this  year, They are  confussing me,  Embarassed  I am thinking one could  be the   wide 6 from last year but  I  can not  say for sure, all I know is  this  buck is not afraid of  brutus, from what the cameras are showing me Wink Wink , Honestly I am getting to the point, I just want some  gosh darn  fresh backstrap's in the  freezer- still   want to  tag  brutus , but  man  I bet he is not going to make for  very good eating, I am in for the next  2 day due to work,  hope to be back out  the  rest of the week tho for  afternoon sits

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:40 am

Saw a few does last night but that was it. Mike brother saw 6 does in the 10pt plot. Casey saw 3 different bucks cruising but all young. Ryan sat the Bee stand and the place is tore up with big rubs this year. He heard a buck rubbing trees right at dark behind him. He slipped out without spooking him he thinks. The better deer just aren't showing up during daylight hours yet. We have 2 shooters so far and several young bucks. Think we have seen or have pictures of 10-12 different bucks that have shown up in the last 2 weeks. Most are small though. We have plenty of does so the big ones should be around soon!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Still a little slow here. I did have a laugh last night ( but it sucks people are close by ) when I heard a guy yelling NO , get out of here , go away and then the wind came a little harder and the guys yelling got muffled. In this area I would have to bet he either had a bear or a bobcat  a bit closer than the guy liked. I'm betting on a bear though. I just laughed and thought what a tough guy.
I did however get a nice 8 on camera , looks a lot like the one Ky put up as horse and its the 1st time I got him. The chasing has begun , judging by the 7 hides I saw on the way to work today !!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:58 pm

Rick  just kill something this year lol! lol! lol! Ok  I might not   have any right saying that to  you,  but  had too,anyway, I am  very hopefull and  feeling possitive,  all  3 of us  will tag  something this year, I told   buddy  Bob last night,  Shoot what ever he wants,  Yes  we  want Brutus first, but   there are  like   3 other bucks  that  I am not  even sure who they are,But if any of them give me a shot  I am taking it!!!!As of now they  are not letting  Brutus run them off,!!!!! I have no clue what is going on  over on the north lease,  I have not  been there and only have one camera over there, Hope to  add more tomorrow, but  we  still most likely will not hunt it  until our  Nov, vacation, Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Your funny Barb. Kill something this year. All I can say is this ......practice what you preach Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! 2013 was the 1st time I didn't at least get a doe since 1987 .
I did see 2 doe tonight after moving to another stand. I started by sitting in my fencerow stand since they were cutting corn and then quit around 2:30 after making one pass behind the stand. I figured they broke something and seeing a perfect chance that's where I headed. And then of course after I'm in the stand for 30 minutes I hear the picker start up. So I sat there until he was done , hoping maybe something would come by. Not today. I did however come really close to seeing the guy get his arm ripped off his body !! He stopped right behind me , gets out and walks to the rear of that big M.F. , reaches in to where it blows all the junk out and I see his sleeve get torn away from the rest of his shirt affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid !!!!!! I was just about ready to jump down and wrap a stump where his arm once was. I still can't believe he even tried reaching in while the machine was still running. After all the excitement I needed a smoke ! So I headed over to a stand on another field and sat until dark . That's when the two doe came out about 40 yards but it was about 5 minutes too late.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Well I have to figure out which stand to sit on Saturday morning. We have a dang southeast wind and I don't have too many options for such in the mornings. I guess I'll be heading to an old favorite spot even though the wind is better there from the southwest but I should be okay for a morning there with south and southeast winds. I hope to shoot a doe tomorrow night or I may have to pack one out on Saturday because I'm getting the itch to shoot something.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:48 am

My buddy Ryan shot a nice buck yesterday at the golf course we call Crabby. He's a 9pt that rough scored 131 4/8" and weighed 165 lbs. He came in following where a mature doe had come in almost an hour earlier. Head down trailing her. Ryan shot him at 23 yards and he only went about 50 yards and piled up. This is Ryan's best buck to date. Was awesome helping him retrieve it last night! Great job Ryan!

VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Congrat's to your  buddy, Eric, That is   a wild pic,  his head  looks so much lighter in color then his   body does.
 Best of luck to everyone this  weekend, Tempts should be  awesome  finally for   after this long  week of  summer weather, allow we have   freaking   high winds again  but We  even  got  some  rain today cheers 
 I am not sure if   Larry is hunting in the  morning  but  I am, and  we both will be out   all weekend, I am focusing  on   two  set up this entire weekend, My top  south lease wheat, and  our  top east end   cloverplot blind's, That  top wheat plot  I know is going to bless me  soon, just got  video of   buck I do not think  I am going to pass if he  comes in, I would  sit  a timber stand  not  far from this  blind  if  it  would  ever get  a good   straight east wind,  Very  light NE winds are  do able, also lol  and half our  little bucks  are  breaking off  the head gear, so hopefully    that will save them from the nieghbors this year Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Well team 2, We have points on the board. I had an older buck in first but he was ugly. No, wait. He was UGLY. Freaky looking 6 point with 4 on the right (two of which were about 1 1/2" and 2 on the right,but was around 18" wide. He got the pass and 8 doe showed up. I shot this doe and she didn't even know she was hit. She made one leap, and stood for a second, put her head down and started eating acorns. For about twenty seconds and then the helicopter mode set in. Very Happy She was laying dead six steps from the where the arrow was sticking in the ground.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Nice job, Vic!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Congrats Vic.

Finally tonight  I got to  see  Brutus on sit,  camera's set ups back there  showed me  he is there before morning  shooting light  and  back  there at  last light and after,  I saw him coming out of the  timber  to my far left,  And at that  same time  a darn truck comes down the back road,  and   I lost  sight of him,  I had   2 other  small bucks  -and doe's. I sent  Larry up to my  top  blind   He so hates sitting  blinds  but   I said one of has to  be up there at  all times right now, Oh my gosh  I had to crack up,   He comes in and says that   Blind  is  just  a little   too busy, He   passed the  heavy split g2 buck,  had  another  wide  buck  with  no tines, and then he  finally saw  a shooter , but it  was   going  back and forth  in the  brassica  plot of this wheat plot,  I  still do not have  a blind  back up on the  brassica  end, but  will this  week, Wink Lsrry is on  days this  week, and  come  friday our   2 weeks of  Vacation  start;s. cheers cheers Shoot arrow Shoot arrow Shoot arrow

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Hunting sucks !!! Friday I get a phone call from the bowshop , they got some Realscent Pure Heat in , but its going fast !! I said put my name on a bottle and I will be up soon. I get there and buy the last bottle !!. Then come home and get put to work putting a fuel pump in Cody's blazer. Well as usual things aren't easy with this new crap they put on vehicles !! Needless to say at 445 I came home to get a shower to get all the gas off me. Head to a stand behind the house , put down some Pure Heat and climb up. Now its already 530 . At 540 I was checking the weather on my phone and movement catches my eye. There stand one of the nice 6 points , this one had a kicker off his G-2 . I was waiting for a short shot but he was just too busy licking his lips and sniffing the air. So I shot him at 30 yards. He turns and runs off. Now I'm thinking that was just too easy . Climb down to find no blood , no arrow and no hair ???? So the kids and I go searching all the trails and nothing. Now its 1030 pm and I am just stumped. So the morning comes and I'm back out looking. Yep , found blood 25 feet past where Kasey and I cut away from a trail and headed up by the center tree. Now I get the kids up and away we go. We ended up going way , way too far ( about 1/4 mile) come to a house and the blood goes right into the yard. So Kasey and I cross the road into the cut corn and bean field. I said we will go to the high point and look for a buck. We get to the high point and I look over 10 yards to see a fresh gut pile Sad Sad !!! So just to make myself feel better I went back to the bowshop , got new arrows , with new colors , ordered 3 packs of Muzzy MX-4's and the next time I see our old friend Chuck , I'm telling him to take his deadringer heads and shove them right up his a$$ !!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh yea , I also looked at a nice new Hoyt Carbon Spyder , since they are on sale , $400 off !!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Things should start getting good any day now. The nicer three year olds are still showing up but only at night still. I guess they didn't like the IRs on the old camera they stay much longer in front of this black flash. Hopefully something nicer starts showing soon I know there is a 4 year old that survived last year and possibly two others that should be atleast 4.

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 pm

LOOKING  good CW,
 Oh my gosh  we  must already have  a hot doe, I just  pulled  a camera  I have not  checked in the past week and   got  Brutus in  shooting light  grunting after a doe,  Bad thing is  I have no idea  what  day it was because the  darn  time stamp on  that  camera  some how is  messed up   and yes  I have another one also  that will not  hold the correct  date, Mad  I will get it uploaded to you tube  and   get it posted, I wont be on the  internet   much for the next  3  week's, I got to  tomorrow off  but  I have to go back to  my surgeon  tomorrow, that   larry is working days this  week so, we will spend our evening together Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 pm

The most antler I've ever seen from a treestand and all I can do is watch. 

So this bull that I showed you before come lumbering in to 38 yards and lays down and spent the rest of the evening with me. He fell completely asleep with his head and body laying flat out on the ground. Even though I didn't see a deer it was a pretty cool sit. I'm thinking that this guy might hit the 400 mark. Very Happy

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum