Willy have You seen this???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Willy have You seen this???

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Kansas buck shot by a youth hunter  this year. I do kind of find it odd that   there is no blood on the antlers with the velvet  shedding. Look's more like and  ehd buck to me, if the story is true, Kudo's to this lucky young  man

scratch

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Willy have You seen this???

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Something don't seem right. No blood on the antlers, no blood on the face, no blood on the chest, no blood on the ground, no camo or orange on the hunter and the kid just don't seem so thrilled.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 pm

saw it on Kevin's (  mr droptines FB page Vic)
 I  am sure  I might   take a beating for asking a few  question Laughing I would love  to   see where the shot placement was

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:24 pm

That velvet doesn't seem right. They usually strip it off so fast because of the amount of blood that is in it, the flies will drive them nuts.  Even if they scratch it or bump it on their death run it will bleed.  I shot a buck once 2 days after he rubbed out and his antlers  still had a pink tint to them, those exposed  tips are bright white.
Here is one
[size=30][/size]

Last edited by Boss Gobbler on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Giant buck!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 pm

What a giant! Be interesting to hear the story behind it. I know on our trail cams lots of bucks strip very quickly, while others have velvet hanging for a week or longer, they just seem to let it fall off but they are all different I suppose.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:15 am

The sad part is even questioning if this is legit or not. Then the really sad part is knowing this is the world we now live in !! Not saying anything towards anybody , but this day and age we question any big buck shot anymore !! I see it all the time , with our way too young to be shooting a buck pictures by kids that aren't even big enough to hold a daisy BB gun still let alone a rifle !!
We really can't go by the no blood here or there , you don't see many pics by the "pro's " with blood in them , heck you rarely see a buck killed on tv with any blood on it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! Here's hoping its real !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:25 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:The sad part is even questioning if this is legit or not. Then the really sad part is knowing this is the world we now live in !! Not saying anything towards anybody , but this day and age we question any big buck shot anymore !! I see it all the time , with our way too young to be shooting a buck pictures by kids that aren't even big enough to hold a daisy BB gun still let alone a rifle !!
We really can't go by the no blood here or there , you don't see many pics by the "pro's " with blood in them , heck you rarely see a buck killed on tv with any blood on it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! Here's hoping its real !!

I think it's human nature to question things. That is what keeps us alive. LOL.  Experiences teach us that certain things are to be expected in certain situations. When those things don't happen a part of your brain fires up and says, something isn't right. I'm not doubting the kid or the deer. I hope it's real also.  I was just agreeing that out of the thousands of  deer I have seen both in hunting and working in taxidermy,  I have never seen one that clean while in the process of stripping it's velvet.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:49 am

Cleaned the deer up...and drove it there for a nice pic would be my guess. I always try to clean my deer. Just gives a more respectful memory.  Congrats to the mighty hunter!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 am

Some one is suppose to be adding more  pic's to  Kevin's  page,  still waiting on that,
 Rick I see nothing  wrong with  questioning  anything,
 It honesly looked  odd to me,    Pictures  showing up every day on FB and  all over the  Web for that  matter  of    buck's, and elk  killed this past week  shedding their  Velvet and  all the  racks  I have seen   are  bloody with  velvet hanging off  of them,

That  buck could  also be  a buck that  surrived  EHD.
 LOl I hope  more  pictures get posted,
 I can tell you one thing, If  I killed  a  Monster like that,  I would  not of taken a   crappy picture of it out on a dirty road, Laughing

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:01 am

Nobody else cleans up their animals for their pics?? I know I do and take pride in getting my after photos for not only memories but a tasteful representation to other hunters and non hunters alike.
This solidifies my beliefs to personally not publish any really nice bucks. It stings for people I don't know lol! 
It must be a miserable experience.
To look at the pic you could come to the conclusion that maybe he wanted a pic in the area he hunted him in...looks like heavy CRP to me. Just maybe that's that CRP field he killed him in so they took the photo there where you could get a clear pic...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Yes the picture looks out of place , odd , wrong or whatever. No there is no blood , no entry or exit wound , no camo and so on. But I still hope its a legal kill . The entry wound could be on the other side and may no have blasted thru , at least not in what we can see of the deer in the picture. BUT how many hunting shows have we all seen where Mr. Hunter walks up to a perfectly laid out buck , with hardly a drop of blood visible !! Which when I see that I just have to laugh. Maybe its in our nature anymore to question a lot of things . I can still see the lead man at realtree walking up on a buck , in the snow and acting like he just found it . When if you take notice there are about 5 sets of boot tracks already leading to the downed buck that " was just found " !!! Take 6 was perfect Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . I'm sure most of us wouldn't question any animal killed by any of our members , well unless Harry actually shoots a deer !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Just found   this  story on this  buck
http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article35436870.html

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Awesome  buck

Last edited by Boss Gobbler on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

The kid sounds like he has his head on pretty straight and his feet grounded. His knowledge is beyond his years. Codos to his dad for educating him well! Congrats young man and many many happy hunting days ahead to you!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum