Few Pics From the Bear Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few Pics From the Bear Trip

Post  MEhunter on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

We spent the week before last up in the far northern part of the state bear hunting. Had another great week in camp, all but one person had their chance at a good bear. We ended the week with 7 kills with the biggest weighing in just under 400. Unfortunately several of the guys wounded bears this year, last year everything shot at was killed, this year I guess several of the guys nerves just got the best of them. I will say that I'm pretty certain that none of the wounded bears were fatally wounded. We followed each of them a good ways with very minimal blood and all seemed to be traveling well. We also had two guys charged this year, one full out charge from a sow with cubs that my friend had to fire 2 shots from his pistol into the ground in front of her to get her to stop. The other was more of a bluff charge I guess you would say. Bear came full speed and stopped about 50 feet away. My buddy was yelling at the bear and after woofing a few times the bear finally turned around and walked back in the direction he had came from.
Here's a few pictures from the week

Some camp pics

There's a sping about 300 feet above the camp site. This year we ran a hose with a funnel in the end of it from the spring down to the campsite where we had a water heater that was hooked up to one of the generators and pump. So we had both a sink and shower with hot water and great pressure.

Shower pre curtain

Few photos of my buddy's lab we bring on the trip. Couldn't trust most dogs on a trip like this, but this guy is great to have. The only issue we had with him this year was that he found all of his dog food on the first night of trip and ate it all!!

Couple other miscellaneous pics

Some kills (I didn't get pictures of all the kills because I had to go down to visit a sporting camp one day), this first one is the big guy

Not a fan of people "dressing up" kill shots, but I was just trying to find a way to give this guys head size some perspective. I wasn't able to get any pictures of him that did him any justice. He was a really long/tall bear. He didn't have a massive chest like the big one we got last year did.

It's really amazing the amount of fat we cut off all the bears. Some have 5-6 inches built up in some places.

Couple of us loaded up and headed for home

Partial group photo on one of the bridges on the way out while we were waiting for the rest of the crew to catch up.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Few Pics From the Bear Trip

Post  soil on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:06 pm

That looks like an awesome time!  I love the redneck ingenuity with the spring fed water heater and shower.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Great pic's, Thanks for sharing  cheers
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:29 pm

Outstanding photo's and stories as alway's  Dave,   Thanks for  sharing,  Congratulations to all ,
 Love it!!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 am

Looks like some great times!  These will be the things I will miss around here!  I have always loved reading your hunting stories and looking at your photos! Thank you so much!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 am

You guys really know how to do a hunting camp!  I'm awed by your setup, I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures...thank-you!  Congrats on a great hunting trip!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Great pictures as usual Dave !!! Love the area and hope ya got an open spot for my tent some day !!! But what I want to know is , how did the guys pants do after the charge ?? Did they hold all the crap inside Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! Even a face charge gets the blood flowing , as long as they are pounding the ground with their front paws , maybe even snapping their jaws together or making noise , all is good. The eyes glaring at you as they are at full speed is when you hope you can outrun whoever is with you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:20 am

Always looks like a blast Dave.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:04 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:But what I want to know is , how did the guys pants do after the charge ?? Did they hold all the crap inside Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! Even a face charge gets the blood flowing , as long as they are pounding the ground with their front paws , maybe even snapping their jaws together or making noise , all is good. The eyes glaring at you as they are at full speed is when you hope you can outrun whoever is with you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!!!!

When you first hear someone tell "a story" you always wonder how much truth is behind it. Well there was absolutely no doubting these two guys. They were both flat out freaked out! The one kid who had to fire his hand gun especially. He was jacked up for a solid 2 hours after the incident. That's what makes is all fun though!

I'm hoping to buy a camp in another part of the state in the next couple of years that's actually on the ME and NH border. If that happens I will have plenty of room for extra hunters and you would be able to hunt both states.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum