You know the weeks that just seem to go so slowwwwww

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You know the weeks that just seem to go so slowwwwww

Post  MEhunter on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 pm

I think all I've done this week while trying to work is scour every forum I can think of and watch every hunting DVD I have (even had to buy a couple new ones). I leave tomorrow afternoon for the best week of the year, MOOSE HUNTING. I swear even though I don't have a permit, I'm more excited than anyone with a permit! I will be manning the calls again this year and we are right back in the zone we were in last season so we know the area very well! I was able to get up in late July and hung 13 coverts in some of the areas that were real hot last year. Moose are tough, they move a lot once the season rolls around so several of the places I hung cams had almost no sign and I basically hung the cams hoping that the moose would be back into the area once the fall rolled around. Several of the places were loaded with sign, tried to upload a couple videos to photobucket to show some of the paths, but for some reason I couldn't. Will see though, I'm sure something will go wrong with a camera or two, but I ought to have at least a few neat pictures to look at when we get up there. Another good thing about this year is we actually have someone with some experience running a video camera with us. She's filmed several hunts for a pretty well known deer tracker from up this way that some of you might know (Hal Blood - Big Woods Bucks). So hopefully this year we can actually put some good footage together. Most of the time I just have guys that want to pay more attention to the moose than actually watching what they're filming through the camera. 

Good luck to everyone deer hunting next week and hopefully I can return with some pictures and good video!

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: You know the weeks that just seem to go so slowwwwww

Post  bowGal on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Best of luck to all your buddies, Dave,   That is one  trip  I would  love to go on, Also  even without  a tag, Wink, Can not wait to hear the stories and see the   pic's,   Your  moose hunts are something  I  think  we all look very forward to  every year.!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am

Wow....envious again!  I think I would also be very excited to go to be a caller.  With all the pressure off, it would be fun to call and watch without worry of making a mistake.  That's a lot of $ in cams!  Sure hope you have some pics of moose or Sasquatch!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum