Loved seeing this on the new's Yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loved seeing this on the new's Yesterday

Post  bowGal on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 pm

And they say they wonder why? Give me  a break,  If they  truley cared about the deer herd  they would know   why,  Years of  over hunted counties,  unlimited doe tag's, to many damn outfitter's  and  year  after year of   EHD death's,, I know  of  a couple of  outfitter's that  are begging for hunter to come  back again this year, already with offering   cheaper  weekly hunt  rates
http://www.wgem.com/story/30111912/2015/09/24/pike-county-officials-say-fewer-hunters-coming-to-the-state-and-theyre-trying-to-do-something-about-it

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Loved seeing this on the new's Yesterday

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 pm

That's funny , 1st getting a writer to tell a story and then training people , more than likely to BS someone !! Maybe they should look at the number of outfitters out there and go from there. Its way over populated with outfitters and way under populated with good bucks anymore. Just because you read doesn't mean its true !! I myself would not spend a dime on an outfitter in what used to be the "golden triangle " area no matter what a writer says in his/her article. An outfitter I know well , usually charges between 2000-3000 for a week long hunt , depending on what week it is. When he offers you the same $ 3,000 hunt for $1,000 something is up and it sure isn't the B&C or P&Y score !!!
Barb I would pay you and Larry the same amount and I can bet I would have a better time at your place for a week compared to any outfitter who only cares about his wallet !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 am

There are starting to be a lot of outfitters here now. From what I can see most are either non hunters or novice hunters. Thus they don't manage the land properly. Partly because they don't know how and also because they will take on any size parcel. Most of which are to small. So when someone from out of State comes in and don't want to leave empty handed the outfitters will let them shoot whatever as long as they pay for it. For one they have to pay the lease payment and two they don't give a crap if they burn up that piece of land. They just move on to the next piece.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Boss I know just what you are talking about. This is sad and funny but I talked with an outfitter from the "golden triangle" who talked a good talk , then I asked just how many acres he had , his reply was enough. So I asked again , he said 5 !!!!!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum