Gotta love a lease member like this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gotta love a lease member like this.

Post  shedder on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I set this plot up for some close shooting action for my boys this bow season which starts Oct 1!  So I
Made a narrow 1/4 acre plot in a great staging area!  I tucked a ground blind into a tangle of vines that
will give a perfect 12-15 yard shot into the plot for my boys.  It's been getting just hammered by
Some great deer that will make for some cool memories!
Then I get this pic...nice lease partner??! 
Everyone has a story...But I'm thinking It might be tempting to send him flying right off that ATV if he does it when I'm hunting.  Flying Cross Body Block anyone??  

Right thru my food plot...  cherry

Maybe he did me a favor and blazed a new trail for the deer to use???
And this gives you a little glimpse into why I'm not so keen on these things.  
I hear they found water on Mars...I'm in!

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Gotta love a lease member like this.

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Is this  guy  your lease partner, or the actual  land owner??????

Have you  confronted him about this?  I would   forsure   chew his butt out for  driving  through the  plot,  No No No

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Barb,

What bugs me the most is I have worked all summer to get this just right for nice easy shots for Big and Little L...The blind is tucked into a beautiful clump of trees and vines that hide it so well.  The food plot is set up perfect for our SW winds and a 12 yard chip shot.  I've had so many really nice bucks coming into this place every day...and since the ATV went thru I've had just a couple doe and a scrub 3 point!  

He is just a lease member...the brother of the guy who runs the lease.  So I'm sort of stuck with this one...I sat down and thought what my options were and I decided the highest road to take was to text this pic to the guy who runs the lease and just ask him if he knew who this guy was that rode
the ATV through my food plot.  
All the while knowing it was his brother..  I don't have problems with these guys usually so when I saw this I was caught off gaurd..with my already dislike of ATVs on this lease well known because lazy members would rather ride their machine 100 yards down the middle of a clover field at dawn and dusk rather than keep perfectly hidden by walking 250 yards down a creek bottom and popping 
out at their stand a little more tired but completely undetected...
But to each his own.

So I knew this was his brother and I just wanted both of them to feel a little uncomfortable. 
I can't let this be about trophys or mature bucks on this lease but my trail cams mostly comes from this farm...so it's hard for me to let go.
I remain a member but I just don't let stupid things bother me if it can be helped because stupid things will happen here Gaurenteed!  I did leave for one year out of frustration but came back and realize with the proper mindset this place can be fun to hunt. 
So when I'm on this farm I have to look at it in terms of quality memories QM rather rather than QDM...
That philosophy shift has helped me tremendously in the woods!!  Our time is over way too fast.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Well said Matt! I had a similar shift years back. Of course our area is mostly public access so we get alot of people walking through our setups, and lots who are hunting out of season legally. They hit the areas really hard just before the season opens but I no longer give it a second thought. It is just part of the deal and being confident in what you are doing and knowing you can only control yourself is the best way to go!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:03 am

There's knuckleheads all over!  I like your idea of sending the pic, then put it out if your mind!  U may want to move the cam in case he comes back to look for it.  Good luck hunting!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:07 am

TheCReW wrote:Well said Matt! I had a similar shift years back. Of course our area is mostly public access so we get alot of people walking through our setups, and lots who are hunting out of season legally. They hit the areas really hard just before the season opens but I no longer give it a second thought. It is just part of the deal and being confident in what you are doing and knowing you can only control yourself is the best way to go!
Chad that's so true with this place as well! We have 325 acres most days LOL and the back borders a Native American Reservation. That adds a whole new "set of rules" that you just have to allow yourself the sanity to let your neighbors do what they are going to do.  It's their side of the surveyor tape not mine. 
At first it drove me nuts...the night hunting and other stuff but again I had to find it within me to get back to happy hunting.  It's so much nicer the place I'm at within myself now!  I actually am honored to be able to share hunting land with such tradition! I've seen some cool things!  One day a young Native Indian was still hunting past my stand and it was a sight to watch! Man his movements were cat like! He was off the reservation so after a little bit I gave a light owl like whistle and he stopped and turned around as we both gave a friendly wave.
The next week I climbed into that stand and two trees around my stand had about a 12x6 swipe of chalk on the bark right where that guy was turned around...
My first though was he marked my stand to steal it.
Later in the season I see the same hunter still hunting thru off about 75 yards...so I climb down and introduce myself.  I had to ask him about the chalk...it was killing me!  
He told me he chalked the trees to remind him that I hunted there and he needed to skirt around that area! 
Just awesome! I wished him luck and shook his hand.  
None of that ever would of happened if I would of started firing of F-bombs the first time I saw him.
It's a touchy place for sure.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum