Youth hunt weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youth hunt weekend

Post  Boss Gobbler on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:44 pm

I took my son Parker out for his first deer hunt this weekend. He had not shown a lot of interest in actually hunting before. He loved checking cameras and stuff. Last month he had became very interested in it. I told his mom that I could get him a nice buck if he could shoot a bigger gun, she said to take him. Last Tuesday, I took him out to the blind and let him shoot awhile. I was confident he could make the shot. I took him out Saturday evening and we saw 5 does and a buck. I didnt plan on going Sunday morning but he insisted and was up and ready at 5:30 am. I was really hoping that he could get one of the older big bucks. At daylight a small buck showed up then one of the older big bucks. He couldnt find him in the scope. About 5 minutes later another buck steps out, I told him he could shoot whatever he wanted and he wanted that one. He takes his time, fires and drops him in his tracks. In the process he gets hit by the scope and cuts his forehead open. Now I think he is going to bleed to death and hate hunting for the rest of his life. I take him to the house and I go back and get his buck. We come home and mom decides he needs stitches. Four stitches later Im figuring he his never going to hunt again. A little while later he ask are we going hunting tonight? Then he says by the way you need to buy me my own gun and I want to hang my buck in my room. Just like his mother. Laughing He ended up deciding he wanted the triple beam buck. There comes a time when other things are more important than deer management. This was it. I think the deer will end up scoring mid 130s and Parker is happy as he could be. I think it is a hell of a first deer. cheers

Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Re: Youth hunt weekend

Post  Willy on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Awsome Guys !  Congrats Parker! That is a great deer. Make sure you get your dad to mount him up good for you.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Bravo to  Parker, Boss,

So sorry  he  needed stitches, but  my gosh , This has  been the  best  hunting  story I have  read in a very long  time, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love his   Hero photo's, those are beautiful,   You did  great Pop's,    Can not  wait to see  him mounted, By the  way , that is one  Very  cool  little Man you have there,  
 Very  Very Happy for both  you and  Parker  ,Boss

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:19 pm

A HUGE Congrats to your boy on a great buck and for being a little tough guy and getting some stitches and than wanting to go back out hunting  cheers cheers cheers
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:27 pm

That's awesome Parker and Boss!  The chicks will dig it in a few years when you show them the scar and the mount as you tell the story.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Congrats to Parker! Can Like Josh said, Chicks dig scars.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckRubIL on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:There comes a time when other things are more important than deer management. This was it.

You said it best right there! cheers  Congrats to you and your little guy on his first deer, he definitely has an edge with you teaching him the tricks of the trade!
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:05 pm

When I saw the 1st pic I just had to laugh !! He has that look on his face that says I'm about to get into something I shouldn't !!! Or maybe its the " mom and dad just created a hunting monster and I'm gonna get two of everything" !!!! LOVE IT !!
CONGRATS TO PARKER  on an awesome buck , congrats to you also Boss for taking him out and also letting him do what he wants !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:20 am

So cool!  Great job Parker on a super buck!  Congrats to both of you!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Wow thats a great buck! Triple beamer is awesome and gonna look great on the wall. Congrats!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 am

What an outstanding trophy!! Congrats to Parker and to you as well Boss!!
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Congrats on the successful hunt and an awesome buck!  I bet it was an exciting moment for both of you.  So did he realize he'd been scoped or did you have to tell him?
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:41 pm

ridgerunner wrote:Congrats on the successful hunt and an awesome buck!  I bet it was an exciting moment for both of you.  So did he realize he'd been scoped or did you have to tell him?

He said ouch and was holding his head, then he realized it was bleeding. He tried hard to talk his mom out of stitches, told her he was fine, but it got him pretty good.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Very cool to see the little guy get it done!
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum