This is what it is all about!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is what it is all about!!!

Post  Godfather on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:00 am

Hey everyone! I'll give everyone a quick update on how our season has gone so far here in PA. The reason that I mentioned the our season is because my son Blake(8 yrs old) has been hunting with me during the archery season thanks to PA's mentored youth program. He has been using a Parker Challenger xbow and has become a pretty darn good shot with it. This was our first year using a two man treestand and that has made a big difference in the quality of the hunts we have had. If we hunt out of a blind he seems to get bored really easy, but with the tree stand it keeps him in the game the entire hunt. We actually did not hunt all that much during the archery season but we were able to see some deer on every sit. We just couldn't get anything to come into range. Well on 11/11/15 he didn't have school so we made it out to the stand in the early afternoon. We had some good movement early as a few doe popped out in the field about 100 yards away a couple of hours before dark. Finally around 4:30 we had this little doe come out right where we wanted her. This was the first time that we have actually had a deer come directly into our setup and needless to say it was very exciting for both of us. Please turn up the volume as we were whispering the entire time. The deer ends up getting away without getting a shot off but listen to Blake's reaction right after the deer trots away! It puts a smile on my face every time I watch it! This it what it is all about!! 

Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: This is what it is all about!!!

Post  shedder on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:58 pm

That is so cool!  You'll get um Blake!  I can tell!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 am

You have a very nice hunting partner Godfather!  I'm sure you now have new meaning to your hunts and look forward to hanging with Blake.  Good luck to him!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:18 am

LOve it  John,   You should of had a heart monitor on  Blake, That was priceless.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top