These bucks sure do take a beating!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

These bucks sure do take a beating!

Post  Mountainman Vic on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I forgot to mention this about my buck yesterday, but he had a big gore hole in his arse end clean through the hind quarter. To add to it he was black, and blue and yellow all over inside the hide. Bruised up from fighting. He was run down hard. No doubt that he had been rutting hard, even if we didn't notice it. I still think the warm weather had them moving a lot more at night. 

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: These bucks sure do take a beating!

Post  shedder on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:50 am

That's looks about as fresh as I've ever seen an injury.
Man you're lucky that snort wheeze didn't send him running to the next county! I wonder what the  king looks like that stuck his arse?
That's excellent info by the way!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:14 am

Mine was all scarred up. Had a big scar on the side of his face. Then someone asked me why his nose was white, it was all scarred up. Then he had a weird flat spot at the base of the front of his neck and a bald spot. When I skinned him there was bullet lead in him. It was all broken up I'm guessing a .22.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:56 am

I'm still convinced that these deer forgot about the rut. It got to warm and they got mad and just went back into a feeding pattern. And we are going to have zero fawns next year lol! lol!  .... My dads buck had broken up pieces of lead in his front shoulder. I'm guessing that's why he had the jacked up side for 2 years. Well probably would have been like that for the rest of his life.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:51 am

kyhunter123 wrote:I'm still convinced that these deer forgot about the rut. It got to warm and they got mad and just went back into a feeding pattern. And we are going to have zero fawns next year lol! lol!  .... My dads buck had broken up pieces of lead in his front shoulder. I'm guessing that's why he had the jacked up side for 2 years. Well probably would have been like that for the rest of his life.

I pulled a cam yesterday. I had 7 does at the feeder over the course of about 3 hours, not one buck checked them the whole time.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:52 pm

It broke loose here on Thursday. Pretty unfortunate timing in my opinion as I'm not a gun hunter and season is from Friday to Sunday. I've seen 6 bucks chasing and seeking like crazy the past two days and that's just right here at the house.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 am

Vic I think its all over this year. Between 17 cameras on 3 different properties I have never seen so many busted up bucks as I have the last 2 weeks. As far as I can tell , we have 2 bucks still sporting the same rack as they were two weeks ago. Even some spikes are now unicorns Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum