A place to get together!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A place to get together!!!!

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:54 am

I just wanted to let everyone know, with this site closing down at the end of the month, I started a closed group on Facebook so that we can continue to share our stories and pictures. As well as anything else like we did here. I named the group "Deer World". I tried to get everyone in the group that I had on my friends list that I thought would want in. If we're not friends on Facebook, I think you should still be able to find it and join. Let me know if you can't.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: A place to get together!!!!

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 am

And here I thought we were meeting at your house for a big party !!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Boss  and Soil You must  Join, Please Please,  I am beggging, It is  private, only the members will see anything we all share, We all actuallly kind of hate  Fb, but if this is the only way we all can stay together- so be it, Lol Even  a few of our  silent  members have joined it, And shared more today then they ever did here, Wink 😢So  many of  us  became  friends up to  20 years  ago, because we all   just wanted to share  not only our whiteTAIL  passion  but also our  daily life of ups and down,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:44 am

I just have no desire to be on Facebook. I'll admit that I check into a couple of the pro hunters Facebook sites and see the most recent 3 or 4 posts. Maybe I'll try to talk my wife into joining the private group and I can use hers to check in.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:11 am

soil wrote:I just have no desire to be on Facebook. I'll admit that I check into a couple of the pro hunters Facebook sites and see the most recent 3 or 4 posts. Maybe I'll try to talk my wife into joining the private group and I can use hers to check in.

Josh, For you guys who don't want to be on FB, you can just set up an account under a fake name or keep yourself hidden that know one can find you and just always log into the group. And then if in the future you decide you want to change your settings you can.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Josh just do like I did , get your wife to add your name to hers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!! Just don't do like I have a post pics up that some people may not like , not that I cared but man can Tina get pissed at me !!!!! But who cares about all the tree hugging Obama lovers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:51 pm

I might just do the fake name set to private or however that would work. I don't know how to word this without sounding like a jerk but the main reason I don't want Facebook is because I don't want a bunch of old high school alum asking to be my friend.  I only had a few close friends in high school. I was friendly to others if approached but I haven't talked to more than 3 or 4 people from school since I graduated and I don't really want to!  That and half my family is nuts so I don't need their updates either. Lol
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:38 pm

soil wrote:I might just do the fake name set to private or however that would work. I don't know how to word this without sounding like a jerk but the main reason I don't want Facebook is because I don't want a bunch of old high school alum asking to be my friend.  I only had a few close friends in high school. I was friendly to others if approached but I haven't talked to more than 3 or 4 people from school since I graduated and I don't really want to!  That and half my family is nuts so I don't need their updates either. Lol

Lol! I hear ya Josh. I should have used a fake name. I didnt realize how many people I forgot ever existed and then you get friend request from people you're not even sure you ever knew. On the plus side I was able to find out that they all got old and fat too.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:20 pm

soil wrote:I might just do the fake name set to private or however that would work. I don't know how to word this without sounding like a jerk but the main reason I don't want Facebook is because I don't want a bunch of old high school alum asking to be my friend.  I only had a few close friends in high school. I was friendly to others if approached but I haven't talked to more than 3 or 4 people from school since I graduated and I don't really want to!  That and half my family is nuts so I don't need their updates either. Lol

My thoughts exactly. LOL I swore I would never have facebook. I set up a fictitious account though. Hopefully on one finds me. Lol
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 am

You two know you could just go with soil and Boss Gobbler !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:41 am

I think we are brothers... took the words right out of my head.

Aero
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:10 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:You two know you could just go with soil and Boss Gobbler !!!
Well I ended up conforming and using my name, less confusing that way. LOL
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:04 pm

I'll end up signing up. You can call me Eugene Fitzherbert. Lol
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 pm

soil wrote:I'll end up signing up. You can call me Eugene Fitzherbert. Lol
 You  guy's are  hilarous,,  lol! , It is not that bad if you  keep your settings  private,  And  I honestly think some of  you will  love seeing  so much  hunting  thing's on FB, Lot of good  groups to join,  Shed hunting groups , trail camera  group's,   So   much to  read and see there, That and it is so freaking easy to share pic's and  video, I will add some   tonight  that  I got off  todays pull.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Ok so I signed up as Eugene Fitzherbert. That's about all I know how to do. I went to your page, Barb, but didn't really know what to do next to find the deer group. 
On a side note, I immediately had 3 friend requests from people I know!  What the crap!?!  Is that because they are in my email?
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 pm

soil wrote:Ok so I signed up as Eugene Fitzherbert. That's about all I know how to do. I went to your page, Barb, but didn't really know what to do next to find the deer group. 
On a side note, I immediately had 3 friend requests from people I know!  What the crap!?!  Is that because they are in my email?
LOL   yes all the friends request  can  suck, just ignore them if you do not want to add them,LOL You will figure  that  out  soon enough, Did you actually  get on Deer world, instead of my page?? I have not checked in there for a few hour's  but  I  did not see   you as a member there  yet, scratch

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:22 am

I searched deer world but didn't find it.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:26 pm

soil wrote:I searched deer world but didn't find it.
I got you in. Wink

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:29 pm

soil wrote:Ok so I signed up as Eugene Fitzherbert. That's about all I know how to do. I went to your page, Barb, but didn't really know what to do next to find the deer group. 
Scam!

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Thanks Vic!  I'll have to have the wifey show me how to work the Facebook tonight. Lol.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks Vic...going there now!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Hey Vic...you will see request from Chuck Williams!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 am

I browsed around the deer world thing a little but I don't think Facebook is for me. I've had a good time following many seasons with many of you on here and kisky before but it looks like this is the end of the road.  It's been fun!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:27 am

soil wrote:I browsed around the deer world thing a little but I don't think Facebook is for me. I've had a good time following many seasons with many of you on here and kisky before but it looks like this is the end of the road.  It's been fun!

Same for me... I haven't been very vocal, but I lurk here at least once a day.  I too came over from the Kisky site many many moons ago. It's been awesome.. thanks to everyone who have made it special. It's going to be tough not coming here to catch up, but life moves on.  I just don't think FB is for me.

Aero
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:51 pm

soil wrote:I browsed around the deer world thing a little but I don't think Facebook is for me. I've had a good time following many seasons with many of you on here and kisky before but it looks like this is the end of the road.  It's been fun!

This is definitely a better format. Easy to browse, post and comment. It's going to suck
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum