the story of Tips

Go down

the story of Tips

Post  soil on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 pm

my stepdad bought a small piece of property before the 2010 deer season. the first decent buck i got on camera was this guy. i got a few videos of him in 2010 and my stepdad saw him 3 times. he was hoping to take him out just because he was narrow and didn't have the look of a buck that would ever be a high scorer. fortunately, he survived the '10 season. i figured he was 3 1/2 years old at the time. here he is in december of 2010.

in mid september of 2011, my hopes he had survived were confirmed as i got this clip of the buck another year older. it was then that i started to call him Tips. i loved the way his beams almost met at the tips and decided the name was fitting. he was on the hit list for the '11 season.

i had a hang on stand high in a tree on an oak ridge that i planned to hunt opening evening. my plans changed when i found out my cousin was getting married on Oct. 1st. it was a rough feeling looking at this clip of Tips walking 15 yards under my stand while i was attending a wedding.

the '11 season produced only one sighting of Tips as he crossed a road with some does one evening. here is a pretty good look at him.

i got several videos of him in february of '12 so i knew he should be around to hunt this season as long as he didn't end up an EHD victim. it took until october 19th of this year to get him on camera. he is in the distance of a night video. i could tell it was him and he had something funny going on with his left antler. a few evenings later, a neighbor showed me a velvet pic of Tips and i could see his frame a bit better.

on tuesday, november 13th at 10:06 a.m. Tips followed 2 does down a trail and stopped broadside 10 yards from my stepdad's stand. he looked the opposite direction, allowing him to draw and perfectly place an arrow. the end of 3 years with Tips.

here are some shots of the atlers i took today. he didn't get any field photos except on a cell phone. Mad

he had a point coming out that was not connected to his pedicle. he has also been getting in a few fights it seems. he was cut and gouged in a few places on his face and head.

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: the story of Tips

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am

Thats pretty cool. He's a stud for sure. Congrats to your step dad.
Mountainman Vic
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:Thats pretty cool. He's a stud for sure. Congrats to your step dad.

X'2
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Congrat's again to your Stepdad, Josh,
Great story, pic's and history clip's .

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Congrats! What a crazy, one a kind deer, he is awesome.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm

TheCReW wrote:Congrats! What a crazy, one a kind deer, he is awesome.

X2 What a really cool looking buck!
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum